Wednesday 4 March 2020, 9:45am to 4:30pm
VenuePrivate Dining Rooms (PDR)
Open toAlumni, External Organisations, Postgraduates, Public, Staff
RegistrationFree to attend - registration required
A one-day event to discuss best practice for supporting the career progression of underrepresented groups in STEM, with the aim of sharing best practice between academia and industry.
This event brings together the latest research and best practice from both sectors, with speakers including:
- Uduak Archibong MBE from the University of Bradford
- Jean Bennett from Lancaster University
- Mozhgan Kabiri Chimeh from Women in High-Performance Computing
- Lynn Farrell from Queen’s University Belfast
- Mara-Tafadzwa Makoni from the Association for Black and Minority Ethnic Engineers
- Andrew Princep from The Inclusion Group for Equity in Research in STEMM
- Polly Williams from the Royal Academy of Engineering
- Sasa Harper from the Institute of Physics
Topics include Diversity and Inclusion, Barriers to LGBTQI+ participation in research and there will also be an interactive Mentoring workshop for both mentors and mentees.