- Conservation and Biodiversity MSc
- Environment and Development MA
- Environment and Development MSc
- Environmental Management MSc
- Flood and Coastal Risk Management MSc
- Food Security (Distance Learning) MSc
- Sustainable Water Management MSc
- Volcanology and Geohazards MSc
- Natural Flood Risk Management (Professional Training)
Our professional training programmes are organised on a flexible module-by-module basis, which makes it easier for you to fit your studies around your work. Some are taught online, with additional face-to-face workshops. Others are taught in residential blocks of two-to-three days duration.
Each module is worth a certain number of credits, which can count towards a postgraduate qualification. Some students simply choose to take a single module for the purposes of their continued professional development. Others start by studying to Postgraduate Certificate level, which requires a total of 60 credits. You can then choose to progress to a Postgraduate Diploma, which requires 120 credits, and if you complete an additional supervised research project, you can be awarded a Masters degree.
We currently offer programmes in Food Challenges for the 21st Century and Flood and Coastal Risk Management and we welcome enquiries from businesses who would like to sponsor students to take any of the modules on offer.
We are also happy to devise new professional training programmes specifically for particular organisations. If you would like to explore this possibility, please contact our professional development manager Dr Sue Ward.