It is our top priority to maintain the safety of all climbers at Sport Lancaster.
Climbers are eligible to use the Wall unsupervised following the completion of a face-to-face Competency Assessment, ensuring all climbers are competent at bouldering, top-roping, tying knots, and belaying.
View our Climbing Facilities page to learn more about the Competency Assessment.
Tab Content: Entry
Climbers are eligible to use the Wall unsupervised following the completion of a face-to-face Competency Assessment, ensuring all climbers are competent at bouldering, top roping, tying knots, and belaying.
View our Climbing Facilities page to learn more about the Competency Assessment.Our Climbing Facilities
Tab Content: Cost
Sport Lancaster Gold Membership allows unlimited access to the Climbing Wall. Customers are also welcome to pay as they play and have the option of single-entry or multi-entry Climbing Wall Tickets.
Multi-Entry Tickets: 15 climbs for the price of 12.
|£3 (inc. Harness)
There is no time limit to unsupervised climbs, but please check our Climbing Wall Opening Times before arrival.Climbing Wall Times
Tab Content: Rules
- Arrive promptly for your session. The instructor reserves the right to refuse entry as being late will cause disruption to the class and other.
- In situ ropes are for top roping only, not leading.
- Wear the correct footwear and safety equipment when climbing. Equipment can be hired from Sport Lancaster.
- Respect other climbers using the Climbing Wall, give them space, and take everybody’s abilities into consideration.
- Do not misuse equipment. Any misuse of equipment will result in the immediate end of your session.
- Unsupervised climbers must acknowledge the intended use of equipment by signature prior to using the Climbing Wall.
- Report any damaged equipment to a member of Sport Lancaster staff immediately, even it is your own.
- Enjoy the climb!
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions Accordion
Do I pay for equipment hire on a Climbing Class or instructed session?
Equipment is provided during instructed sessions.
Can I hire a lead rope?
We don’t hire out lead climbing ropes. Please bring your own ‘Single’ rope or ‘Triple rated rope’. Half and Twin ropes are not used to lead climb in our centre.
How often are the routes changed?
The boulder cave and section of the roped wall will be reset once a month. This means there will always be new routes to climb.
What if I'm scared of heights?
Climbing is about being active and having fun, not how high you can climb. Try a Beginner Class with a trained instructor on hand to always assist you. You will never be made to climb higher than you are comfortable with.