Grizedale College is home to 18 Townhouses, five houses containing en-suite accommodation; three blocks of standard flats and one block of single and double studios housing 605 students in total. For further information please see the main Accommodation Office.
The en-suite flats have six rooms (unless there is a dedicated disabled adapted room, which means there will be five rooms to a flat) and a communal kitchen, which has both soft seating and dining areas. A cleaning service is provided Mon-Fri during term-time however students are responsible for removing their own rubbish and recycling.
The standard rooms contain a vanity unit with wash basin within the room. There are two shower rooms and two toilets per flat, plus a large communal kitchen, all of which have been refurbished in the last few years.
- Located in Alexandra Park; just a five minute walk from the main college.
- 64 single & eight double self-contained studios, with kitchenette areas.
- Lift available.
- Limited communal cleaning service.
- All student year groups, although we would advise first year students not to choose this option as there is no communal area for socialising.
- 43 week let.
- 12 students per house (three floors of four bedrooms).
- Wet rooms shared between two. Students share wet rooms with students of the same gender, however townhouses are mixed accommodation.
- Under-bed storage, as well as a generously sized wardrobe with mirror.
- Open plan kitchen/dining area contains: three fridge freezers, two ovens, kettles and toasters. An additional toilet is located on the bottom floor.
- No cleaning service (hoover, mop and bucket, brush are provided) – regular cleaning inspections are carried out by the accommodation team.
- No lift available.
Study bedroom en-suite rooms
- 40 week let.
- En-suite shower, basin and toilet located in each room.
- Communal shared kitchen between 5-6 residents.
- Weekday cleaning service for communal areas ( term time only).
- Small communal area in each kitchen.
- The en-suite flats have six rooms (unless there is a dedicated disabled adapted room).
Study bedroom standard rooms
- 40 week let.
- 8 bedroom flats.
- Wash basin located in each room.
- Two communal shower rooms and toilets.
- Limited cleaning service for communal areas only.
There are no lifts/elevators in Grizedale accommodation, except in the studio block, so please bear this in mind when planning what to bring with you; as you may have to walk up lots of stairs with heavy suitcases.
Our students have created a short video about our accommodation.
Grizedale mattress sizes
(length x width x depth, measurement in cm)
210 x 90 x 15
210 x 90 x 16
210 x 90 x 18
190 x 120 x 18
190 x 92 x 18
Please note: As our beds are longer than the standard size; fitted sheets may not be suitable (unless purchased from a well-known Swedish store) or you are advised to bring unfitted sheets.
We recommend that you bring a good quality mattress protector with you (as a replacement mattress can be costly).
White goods and household items
The following items are provided for community use:
- Vacuum cleaner
- Mop and bucket (except in studios)
- Iron and ironing board
- Dustpan and brush
- Toaster/s (except in studios, where a combi microwave/grill oven is provided)
- Fridge freezers (except in studios, where a fridge with freezer box is provided)
- Hob and oven (except in studios, where a combi microwave/grill oven is provided)
For those sharing kitchen spaces: on average, there are two cupboards, one drawer and a freezer and fridge shelf available for personal storage.
Shower curtains are provided in all en-suite and shared wet rooms.
If you are using hair straighteners/tongs, then you are advised to bring a heatproof mat with you. A surge protected extension lead is also recommended as some of the mirrors are not close to a plug socket.
You will need to provide your own cooking equipment (pots, pans, cooking utensils, crockery and cutlery etc). A pan stand/trivet ( to prevent burns to worktops/tables/carpets) is also recommended.
For more information, please see the Accommodation website.