Taught Postgraduate Funding
We currently offer one full-fee scholarship for the MSc Statistics. There are also 3 additional £4,000 scholarships available.
The scholarships are awarded as a fee reduction and are allocated based on the academic excellence of the applicant or high potential of the applicant.
For further information about making an application please email email@example.com
Alumni Loyality Scholarship
Lancaster University will offer a reduction in tuition fees for all taught Masters programmes for eligible applicants, determined by the level of undergraduate or postgraduate award achieved.
The value of the scholarship is as follows:
If you hold an Undergraduate degree from Lancaster University
- 20% fee reduction for 1st Class Hons degree holders
- 10% fee reduction for 2:1 Hons degree holders
If you already hold a Postgraduate degree from Lancaster University
For students who intend taking a second taught masters programme at Lancaster University
- 20% fee reduction for Master's with Distinction degree holders
- 10% fee reduction for Master's with Merit degree holders
Please note that the Alumni Loyalty Scholarship will be based on the most recent programme of study undertaken at Lancaster University.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Alumni Loyalty Scholarship you must either:
- Hold an undergraduate or master's degree from Lancaster University (achieved at any time)
- Hold an undergraduate or master’s degree from Lancaster University, achieved at any time, including one delivered through an associated institution
- Have graduated from one of our partner institutions with a Lancaster University degree (LU Ghana, Sunway University Malaysia or LU College – BJTU Weihai China)
- Have studied at Lancaster University via our Study Abroad programme
Some Masters by Research programmes may be eligible, contact us to check. The Scholarship is open to all our Alumni, regardless of their nationality or year of graduation. You do not need to apply for this scholarship; you will qualify automatically if you meet the eligibility criteria and the course entry requirements.
Postgraduate Loan Scheme
The UK Government postgraduate loan scheme offers non means-tested loans of up to a maximum of £10,609 to taught and research Masters students.
Full details of the eligibility criteria and information regarding the application process is available on the University's postgraduate loans page.
Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) Funding
The ESRC funds the North West Social Science Doctoral Training Partnership, which awards studentships for certain 1+3 (MSc followed by PhD) programmes. Lancaster students on the Social pathway of the MSc in Data Science will be eligible to apply for these. Interested students should contact a potential supervisor to discuss and formulate a project. For more details visit the North West Social Science Doctoral Training Partnership pages. For additional information on PhD study in the department visit the Research Degrees page.
Other Funding Sources
Peel Trust Studentships are available for the support of prospective or current Lancaster University students. The award is based on academic merit and financial hardship and is up to an individual maximum of £2500. UK applicants may also wish to consider a Professional and Career Development Loan.