Wednesday 1 December 2021, 1:00pm to Sunday 31 July 2022, 2:00pm
VenueOnline through MS Teams unless otherwise stated
Open toAll Lancaster University (non-partner) students, Alumni, External Organisations, Postgraduates, Staff, Undergraduates
RegistrationRegistration not required - just turn up
Everyone is invited to join our lunchtime seminar series live at 13:00 (UK time) on Wednesdays! With local and international speakers from across the environment-related natural and social sciences. Session videos will be uploaded onto YouTube.
- Prof Tally Palmer, Institute for Water Research (IWR) and ARUA Water Centre of Excellence at Rhodes University, South Africa - "Real transdisciplinarity: reflections from a natural scientist on the challenges of working deeply into social science, with societal actors" - Recording on YouTube
- Dr Paul Young, Lancaster Environment Centre, Institute for Social Futures and Data Science of the Natural Environment, Lancaster University - "The Montreal Protocol: An unintentionally successful climate treaty", keynote address at our 2022 Winter Conference - Recording on YouTube
- Dr Germán Baldi, National University of San Luis and National Scientific and Technical Research Council (CONICET), Argentina - "Geographical patterns of protected areas in an uneven world" - Recording on YouTube
- Dr Manoj Roy, Dr Ehsanul Kabir and Dr Reuben Larbi, Living Deltas Hub and RECIRCULATE projects, Lancaster University - "COVID-19 reveals value of early local ownership of international development research" - Recording on YouTube
- Wednesday 23 March 2022 - session unfortunately cancelled
- Postponed due to unforeseen circumstances - Dr Ralph Burton, National Centre for Atmospheric Science (NCAS) and University of Leeds - "The Weather Research and Forecasting Model" - a joint session with Lancaster University's Engineering department. This seminar session will be rescheduled.
- Postponed due to unforeseen circumstances - Kavita Wankhade, Indian Institute for Human Settlements - "Reflections from Practice: Inclusion in Urban Sanitation". We hope to reschedule this session.
- Wed 18 May 2022 at 14:30 - "My fascination with plants" with Dr Samuel Taylor and postgraduate Catherine Walsh for Fascination of Plants Day
- Wed 25 May 2022 - Mr Caleb Mensah, University of Energy & Natural Resources (UENR), Ghana - "The assessment of the impact of habitat conditions on gross primary production (GPP) of forest ecosystems"- in-person session at 13:00 in Lancaster Environment Centre's Training Rooms
- Thursday 26 May 2022 - Dr Gabriela Marques Di Giulio, Environmental Health Department, University of São Paulo - "Risk, emergency and sustainability: Reflections on the Brazilian context for global health" - in-person session at 14:00 in Biology Lecture Theatre
- Wed 15 June 2022 - Prof Perihan Binnur Kurt-Karakuş, Bursa Technical University, Turkey
- Wed 29 June 2022 - seminar TBC
Format for online sessions
On seminar day, click on an individual seminar title above for the link to join us through Microsoft Teams. Guidance on joining a Teams event available here.
- 13:00 (UK time) Welcome and introduction
- 20 minute presentation from our speaker
- Speaker takes questions from our virtual audience submitted through the text 'Chat' function
- Recording of the session will be uploaded onto Lancaster Environment Centre's YouTube channel in due course
You can also join the conversation on Twitter: #LECSeminar.
|Name||Dr Ali Birkett|