Professor Hao ZhangProfessor
- Investigating the influences of soil dynamic processes and chemical speciation on metal uptake by plants.
- Using a more mechanistically based soil nutrient assessment system to improve the prediction of plant nutrient requirements. (collaboration with CSIRO)
- Developing and applying dynamic models to understand DGT-soil and plant-soil interactions.
- Investigating the effect of mixtures of potentially toxic metals on earthworms using both experimental and modeling approaches. (collaboration with CEH)
- New methods for integrated risk assessment of cumulative stressors by using DGT in pseudo-steady state and depletion modes.
- Understanding the micro-heterogeneity of trace elements in sediments through 2D high resolution measurements using DGT and DET techniques
- Developing and applying a 3D transport, reaction and dynamic model to understand the biogeochemical processes of trace metals in sediments.
- Investigating the importance of the speciation and dissociation kinetics of trace metals in natural waters using novel in situ measurements.
- Event-triggered passive sampling for environmental regulatory monitoring of metals, nutrients and radionuclides.
2nd Year Undergraduate Modules:
1) Aquatic Biogeochemistry
2) Soil Science
Implications of groundwater surface water connectivity for nitrogen transformations in the hyporheic zone
01/01/2009 → 30/04/2012
Phosphorus dynamics in groundwater fed rivers
01/11/2008 → 31/10/2013
- Centre for Biophotonics
- Environmental and Biogeochemistry
- Improving global stewardship
- Innovation for a better environment
- Sustainable Catchments
- Understanding a changing planet