Involvement in a KTP allows academics to apply their knowledge to a collaborative business project, using their expertise to guide and advise the Associate when required.
- an insight into business requirements/operations and the opportunity to develop business-relevant teaching materials
- the opportunity to generate evidence and impact for the Research Excellence Framework (REF)
- initiating new student projects (on average over two student projects are initiated by each KTP project)
- the opportunity to publish research papers demonstrating research impact in a real world environment (on average over four publications are generated from each KTP project)
- supervision of a high quality graduate, who may register for a higher degree.
One or more academics form part of the team that will deliver the KTP. In total the academic(s) spend ½ day per week on supervising the project; this time allocation is costed and paid into their department.