Researcher Representative - URECAre you interested in being part of shaping the university ethics processes?
The overarching University Research Ethics Committee (UREC) is looking for a research student to join the committee. Committee members will be appointed for 2 years, renewable twice.
UREC reports to the Research Committee and is responsible for:
- The ongoing review of the University’s Research Ethics Policy, including providing guidance on its interpretation and oversight and review of policies and guidelines on good research conduct and the principles of research integrity.
- Ensuring institutional adherence to the Ethics Policy and the University's associated procedures.
- Promoting awareness and understanding of ethical issues and good conduct in research throughout the University.
- Providing advice on any ethical matters relating to research that are referred to it from within the University. This may include arranging or conducting ethics reviews on an exceptional basis to deal with special circumstances which cannot be dealt with by FRECs, e.g. where specific confidentiality requirements apply.
- Keeping abreast of externally-driven developments, policies and regulations concerning research ethics and research integrity ensuring that the University meets all necessary requirements.
- On an annual basis provide a report to Research Committee following an assessment of the Committee’s own performance and efficiency with any recommendations for change as necessary
Expressions of interest should be sent to UREC Secretary Debbie Knight via email by 31st December, 2019.