Facilities, Lab Space and Hot Desks
Base your entire company on campus, just your R&D staff, or take a hot desk when you need it.
In our newest £11.4M technology facility, cTAP, we invite businesses to work alongside researchers from our newly-founded Department of Chemistry and offer access to a unique suite of cutting-edge instrumentation and facilities worth almost £7 million.
Renting offices and integrating all or part of a business onto the campus enables faster business growth by providing easier access to our research, knowledge, events, training and facilities.
Each business is allocated a relationship manager to match the business to the appropriate skills and facilities they need.
To find out more about cTAP, contact Liz Mullis
Direct Line: +44 (0)1524 594686
The three-floor building provides more than 10,000 square feet of space and houses equipment and facilities across four broad pillars. We have the in-house expertise to train business staff to use our equipment as well as assist companies in the design and execution of experimental techniques. All of our facilities are supported by teams of experienced technicians and businesses can access them via a variety of agreements, from one-off usages to exclusive hire.
An overview of the space
The three-floor building provides more than 10,000 square feet of space to house facilities, including laboratory and write-up space, meeting accommodation and dedicated rooms for instrumentation.
Independent assessments underpinning the case for investment in the cTAP estimate that the investment will enable the university to realise £90 to £150 million in additional value to the economy over the next 15 years. It will also see the creation of more than 100 high-value jobs within SMEs.
North West England hosts the largest manufacturing sector in the UK generating £21 billion. There are 16,500 high-value manufacturing companies in the North West, employing 400,000 people.
The cTAP programme is part-funded (£9,084,336) from the North West Operational Programme for the European Regional Development Fund.
Take a virtual tour and have look inside! Click below to view our 360-degree film of cTAP.We recommend this film is viewed on tablet, mobile or one of the following browsers: Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Safari.View tour
International companies welcome
We welcome international companies and liaise with the Department for International Trade, the Government’s single destination for information on UK trade, investment, tourism and education.(DIT) helps businesses export and grow into global markets and also helps overseas companies locate and grow in the UK.
GREAT.gov.uk is the government’s single destination for information on UK trade, investment, tourism and education.
Lancaster University’s parkland campus is situated on the outskirts of the beautiful and historic city of Lancaster, Lancashire. Lancashire is in the Northwest of England and has a large and diverse economy consisting of a strong mix of over 35,000 registered companies representing all sectors of the UK economy. Lancaster University is a truly global university, with over 12,000 students from over 120 countries.
Benefits to your business
- Lancaster University is ranked in the top 10 for interactions with SMEs
- Flexible and bespoke accommodation package with the option of lab scape and hot desks
- Extensive state of the art research laboratories and R&D facilities
- Access to world-class research
- Increase opportunities to access public funds for collaborative R&D.
- Opportunities for student placements throughout the year
- Assisted recruitment of graduates into your business
- Enhance and develop current services and products
- Access to high-quality university staff and students
- Business development team to facilitate relationships with our local, national and global contacts
- Specialist programmes to access international markets
- Access extra resources for skilled students all year round
- Opportunities to partner with the University in the delivery of training
- Collaborative with other resident companies on campus in the Lancaster Environment Centre and InfoLab21- annual events programme with company breakfast/lunch meetings
- Access to the wider university community through business partnerships staff