If you want to carry out a self-funded MSc project, you will need to find a Research Supervisor from one of our Research Groups.
Apply for a funded MSc by Research position
MSc by Research degrees can be funded by different sources, such as research councils, industries or charities.
Any funded opportunities currently available in the Chemistry Department are shown below.
To apply for a funded MSc by Research project, please read the advertised project information carefully as requirements will vary between funders. The project information will include details of funding eligibility, application deadline dates and links to application forms. We will only consider applicants who have a relevant background and meet the funding criteria.
Please note: we have no funded MSc by Research project opportunities currently available.
How the application process works
- Select the project you wish to apply for. You can make informal enquiries to the project supervisors if you want to. Please ensure that you check the application deadline dates and eligibility criteria.
- Complete your application by following the links to the application form. At this stage, you can apply for more than one advertised project if you wish.
- After the closing date, we will consider all applications and invite shortlisted candidates for an interview. Interviews can be held in person, or by Skype or telephone. The timescale for this will vary but is in the region of 4 weeks.
- If you are successful at interview for the studentship, you will be invited to apply via the admissions portal online. This will ensure that you receive a formal offer of admission. Please submit one application only, and state the studentship that you have applied for in the source of funding section.
- Once we have made a formal offer, you will need to check the conditions in your offer letter and supply any outstanding documents by the required deadlines. If your offer is unconditional, then this will not apply to you.