Da ChenPhD student, Associate Lecturer
Da Chen is a PhD student in Finance at Lancaster University Management School (LUMS). His doctoral work is supervised by Dr Chelsea Yao and Dr George Wang. His main areas of interest include ESG, mutual fund, corporate innovations and factor investment. His current PhD research focuses on the application of machine learning and textual analysis in finance.
At LUMS, Da is a teaching assistant for the module AcF701 "Empirical Asset Pricing: Advanced Topics in Mutual Funds and Investment Strategies" and he teaches textual analysis and machine learning.
Before joining PhD program at Lancaster, Da completed his bachelor degree in Applied Mathematics at Dongbei University of Finance and Economics. He also holds a Master of Science degree in quantitative finance with Distinction from Lancaster University.
- Textual analysis and Machine learning
- Environment, Social and Governance (ESG)
- Institutional Investor and mutual fund
- Factor investment
- AcF 701 "Empirical Asset Pricing: Advanced Topics in Mutual Funds and Investment Strategies"
- AcF602 "Advanced Investment Management"
- 2023 FMA Conference (participant), Chicago, US
- 2023 Asian Finance Conference (participant), Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
- 2023 ASFAAG Conference (participant), Valencia, Spain
- Excellent teaching during 2020-2022 on AcF602 Advanced Investment Management & AcF701 Master Dissertation
- Reviewer for Journal of Business Finance & Accounting