Our people are at the heart of the School, and play a vital role in delivering an excellent experience for our students, producing world-leading research and raising the profile of LUMS across the world. Within LUMS, we have over 350 staff members including academic and professional services colleagues, led by our Faculty Dean, Professor Angus Laing.
Our community includes a senior management team, an academic faculty and professional services staff. We also have a Dean's Council, including internal and external representatives who guide our strategy and plans. Visit our staff list for contact information.
The Dean's Steering Group includes the Faculty Dean, seven Associate Deans and a Head of School Administration.
Heads of Department, leading our teaching and research activities.
Members of our Professional Management Group.
External members of our Dean's Council, plus internal members too.
Staff within our academic faculty, including 68 full professors.
Professional services staff who ensure the smooth running of the School.
Meet our Dean
Lancaster University Management School is led by our Faculty Dean, Professor Angus Laing. He was appointed Dean of Lancaster University Management School in October 2015. Professor Laing was previously Dean of Loughborough University’s School of Business and Economics. He has also held posts at University of Glasgow Business School, where he was Head of School, and at the Open University Business School, where he was Director of Research.
Key Management Groups
Tab Content: Dean's Steering Group
The Dean’s Steering Group acts as an informal advisory board to the Dean, providing support for the strategic management of the School. Associate Deans have policy formulation and implementation responsibilities that cut across departmental boundaries. The members include:
- Professor Maria Piacentini: Associate Dean for Resources
- Dr Casey Cross: Associate Dean, Undergraduate Studies
- Chris Saunders: Associate Dean, Postgraduate Studies
- Professor Konstantinos Zografos: Associate Dean, Research
- Jane O'Brien: Associate Dean, Engagement
- Professor Mark Stevenson: Associate Dean, International
- Professor Claire Leitch: Associate Dean, Staffing
- Sue Atherton: Head of School Administration
Tab Content: Heads of Department
Our world-leading academic departments are led by our Heads of Department. The departments deliver research and teach a comprehensive range of management disciplines. Our ten research centres provide an additional cross-disciplinary focus.
Tab Content: Professional Management Group
LUMS Professional Management group includes the following members:
Tab Content: Dean's Council
LUMS strategy and plans are guided by an advisory board made up of external representatives as below, along with internal members Professor Angus Laing and Professor Maria Piacentini.
- Andy Rubin MA MBA CCMI (Chair): Chairman, Pentland Brands Ltd
- Mrs Oluwafunke Amobi: Country Head of Human Capital, Stanbic IBTC Holdings Plc Nigeria
- Mike Blackburn OBE: Chair of North West Regional Board, BT
- Andrew Brierley: Vice President of Strategic Sales, Global Technology Services in UK and Ireland - IBM
- William A Brooks BA FCA CTA: Founder and Managing Director, Eximus Capital
- Kath Durrant: Chief Human Resources Officer, CRH PLC
- Louise Fowler: Director, Davenport Strategy
- Gill Hall: Owner, Butlers Farmhouse Cheeses
- David Holmes: Director of Manufacturing Operations for Military Air & Information Business Unit, BAE Systems
- Bernard Marr: Founder and CEO, Advanced Performance Institute
- Barry Leahey: Managing Director of Playdale Playgrounds
- Christopher Kinsella: Interim Chief Financial Officer, Homes England
- Annie Sun: Chief Finance Officer of High Tech MNC
- Susan Sykes: Entrepreneur in Residence, Lancaster University Management School
- Tom Trezise: Chairman, Patient Privacy Rights
- Paul Taylor: President and Chief Executive Officer, Fitch Group
- Simon Langelier: Independent Non-Executive Director - Imperial Brands PLC
- Darren Cornish: Thinking & Group Customer Experience Director, Aviva
Tab Content: Young Leaders' Council
The Young Leaders' Council is a non-executive, external advisory group established by LUMS.
This Council brings together a carefully selected group of high performing new and recent graduates, as they transition from university life into the world of work and begin to build their careers. This group is ideally placed to help the School with a number of critical, strategic issues and, in turn, the School will work with each member to build their networks and support their personal and professional development.
Please visit our Young Leaders' Council for more information.
Discover our services and resources for current staff. You will need to be logged into the campus network or VPN to access these systems.