FST Sustainability Advisory Committee
The FST Sustainability Advisory Committee was established in 2020 to support, inform and guide environmental sustainability activity across the Faculty and within FST departments. The Committee aims to facilitate the sharing of good practice and enable communication in both directions between departments and individuals/groups with responsibility for sustainability at an institutional level.
Specifically, the FST Sustainability Advisory Committee’s purpose is to:
- Support the development of departmental sustainability groups;
- Support the development and implementation of departmental and themed cross-department sustainability action plans
- Oversee the implementation of the Environmental Sustainability Strategic Plan, including progress monitoring and reporting
- Identify and address emerging sustainability-related issues, and agree where Faculty or University support is required.
The FST Sustainability Advisory Committee meets on a twice-termly basis during the academic year. Its membership includes representation from all staff groups, and UG and PG students.
Committee Membership (2021-2022)
- Ellie Appleton: Co-Chair, Faculty Office Representative
- Professor Gordon Blair: SCC Sustainability Lead
- Dr Neil Dullaway: PBE Sustainability Lead
- Professor Richard Haley: Deans Group Representative
- Dr Laura Kormos: Physics Sustainability Lead
- Professor Nadia Mazza: Maths & Statistics Sustainability Lead
- Dr Jared Piazza: Psychology Sustainability Lead
- Dr Stephen Quayle: Engineering Sustainability Lead
- Helen Quirk: Technical Representative
- Professor Kirk Semple: Co-Chair, Deans Group Representative
- Petter Terenius: Postgraduate Representative
- Dr Kathryn Toghill: Chemistry Representative
- Dr Rebecca Whittle: LEC Sustainability Lead
FST staff and students interested in getting involved in FST sustainability activity should contact their Departmental Sustainability Lead or email FST Sustainability in the first instance, and can add themselves to the Sustainability Hub on Teams.