We are developing partnerships with local and national environmental, charitable and not for profit organisations as well as researchers here at Lancaster. The scheme will provide current students from Lancaster Environment Centre with opportunities to develop their skills and relevant experience in the sector or industry that they are interested in, with the purpose of enhancing their employability skills.
Volunteering is an excellent route to employment. There are many additional reasons why people volunteer and lots of rewards:
- Learn about the sector you want to work in after you graduate
- Try something new which may lead you to change or confirm your career plans
- Give something back to your community and organisations that may have helped you or someone you know
- Get to know your local community and expand your network of careers contacts
- Gain new skills, knowledge and experience and develop existing skills and knowledge
- Meet new people, make new friends, and become part of a team
- Gain confidence and self-esteem
- Enhance your CV and improve your employment prospects
All of our volunteering opportunities can contribute to the LEC Skills Development Award and the Lancaster Award.