What are the timings and key dates?
- 4th December 2018: Introduction to the scheme
- 31st December 2018: Deadline for submission of applications
- 22nd/23rd/24th January 2019: First stage interviews on campus
- 28th January 2019: Applicants notified of outcome of interview
- 28th January-13th February 2019: Shortlisted candidates offered support from Careers
- 15th February 2019: Shortlisted applications are sent to EDR Energy Heysham
- March/April 2019: Second stage interviews at Heysham 2
Who is eligible to apply?
Any student or former student of Lancaster University is eligible to apply. For current students, this can be taken as a year-out, through what is known as intercalation. Intercalation allows a temporary suspension of student status for a number of reasons. If your academic department offers a sandwich course, this may fulfil that element. For those who are about to or have already graduated, this could provide a step into working in the energy sector.
What will I be paid?
Salary is in the range of £15K.