Dr Jiangtao WangInternational Lecturer in Computer Science (BJTU)
This webpage is OUT OF DATE. Please see my NEW HOMEPAGE for more details.
I am currently an assistant professor (called "lecturer" in UK) in the School of Computing & Communications, Lancaster University, UK. Before joining the Lancaster University, I was a tenure-track assistant professor in School of Electronics Engineering and Computer Science, Peking University, China. My Research interests include Mobile Crowd Sensing, Crowdsourcing, and Social Computing. In recent years, the work for optimization in mobile crowd sensing system has led to several top journal/conference publications (e.g, CSCW, AAAI, IJCAI, ICDM, IEEE Trans. on Mobile Computing, IEEE Communications, IEEE COMPUTER, IEEE Wireless Communications, IEEE IoT-J, IEEE Trans. on Human-Machine Systems, and so forth).
Multiple Ph.D. studentships available [Deadline: the end of June each year]
My homepage is located at:
Though the mobile crowdsensing (MCS) applications have been widely used to scale-up the environment monitoring with less infrastructure cost, the information theoretical foundations of MCS system has not been well studied. This proposed project leads fundamental research on MCS systems and algorithms from an optimization aspects.
- Lecturer (tenured), 2019 to present School of Computing & Communications, Lancaster University, UK
- Tenure-track Assistant professor, 2017 to 2019 School of EECS, Peking University, China
- Postdoc, 2016~2017 Network and Services Department, Telecom Sudparis, France.
- Visiting Scholar, 2014~2015 Dept. of Computer Science, University of Florida, USA
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, 2010~2015 School of EECS Science, Peking University, Beijing, China
Human Computer Interaction [CNSCC.202]. Spring Semester, Lancaster University, 2019.
- Conference/ Workshop Chairs: Chair, CISC 16@France. Publicity Chair, SPLC 16 @China,. Workshop Chair, UIC@UK. Poster Chair, IPCCC 2019@UK.
- Conference/ Workshop TPC Member: EUSPN 16@UK, HCDCSC 16@ France, UIC 17@USA, CrowdSense 17@Netherland, IOP 18@China.
- Journal/Magazine Reviewers: IEEE Trans. on Mobile Computing, IEEE Trans. on Sensor Networks, IEEE Trans.on Human-Machine Systems, IEEE Pervasive Computing, International Journal of Human Computer Studies, ACM Trans. on Intelligent Systems, IEEE Communications Magazine, etc.
- Optimizing Task Allocation in Mobile Crowdsensing: New research perspectives, NTU-PKU workshop on AI meets IOT, Oct 2018, Singapore.
- Optimization of Mobile Crowdsensing. Young scholar forum in PCC 2018, Tianjin, China.
- Mobile Crowd Computing: From Urban Sensing to Population Health Management, CCF Forum on Smart Sensing and Urban Computing, Chongqing University, Chongqing, China, May. 2018
- Task Allocation in Mobile Crowd Sensing, CCF Forum on Smart Sensing and Urban Computing, Fuzhou University, Fuzhou, China, Oct. 2017.
- Mobile Crowd Sensing: Systems and Algorithms, National University of Singapore, Singapore, 2017
- People-Centric Sensing in the era of Big Data, Tencent PhD forum in Big Data, Beijing, China, July, 2014
PhD Supervision Interests
I am always looking for talented potential PhD students worldwide. In you are interested in my research, please do not hesitate to contact me. Students and visiting scientists from China are strongly welcome to visit us through the support of CSC.