Dr Yue CaoInternational Lecturer in Computer Science (BJTU)
As a passionate researcher, I insist to explore my research directions and collaborations towards multidisciplinary and sustainable pathway, to algin with challenge and innovation for industrial demands. I have published over 100 conferences/journals/book chapters throughout my academic career. I am currently the Fellow of Higher Education Academy and IEEE Member.
I am an Associate Editor of IEEE Access, Springer EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, KSII Transactions on Internet and Information Systems, and IGI Global International Journal of Vehicular Telematics and Infotainment Systems; and also Guest Editor for a number of special issues related to Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS).My research interests are under the umbrella of ITS, key subjects include:
- Transport & Energy---E-Mobility, Autonomous Valet Parking, Smart Grids
- Networking & Communication---Cloud/Edge Computing , V2X, ICN, SDN
- Cyber Security & Localization---Block Chain, Privacy, Revocation
I am constantly looking for talent PhD students, visiting scholars to join my research team. I am also happy to support candidates to apply for fellowships from Royal Society (e.g. Newton International Fellowships), Welcome Trust, Leverhulme Trust, and European Union (Marie-Curie actions) to work in the general areas under the umbrella of ITS. Potential applicants are welcome to send your CV with research plan.
- July 2013, PhD in Electronic Engineering, University of Surrey, UK
- November 2008, MSc (Distinction) in Mobile Communication Systems, University of Surrey, UK
- June 2005, BSc (2.1) in Telecommunications, Wuhan Institute of Technology, China
- (March 2019 - ) International Lecturer, School of Computing and Communications, Lancaster University, UK
- (August 2017 - February 2019) Senior Lecturer, Department of Computer and Information Sciences, Northumbria University, UK
- (October 2016 - July 2017) Lecturer, Department of Computer and Information Sciences, Northumbria University, UK
- (August 2013 - September 2016) Research Fellow, 5G Innovation Centre, University of Surrey, UK
- (May 2013 - July 2013) Research Assistant, Centre for Communication Systems Research, University of Surrey, UK
---Transport & Energy---
- Yue Cao, Omprakash Kaiwartya, Chong Han, Kezhi Wang, Houbing Song and Nauman Aslam. “Toward Distributed Battery Switch Based Electro-Mobility Using Publish/Subscribe System”. IEEE Transaction on Vehicular Technology, vol. 67, no. 11, pp. 10204-10217, November, 2018.
- Yue Cao, Tong Wang, Xing Zhang, Omprakash Kaiwartya, Mahmoud Hashem Eiza and Ghanim Putrus. “Toward Anycasting-driven Reservation System for Battery Switch Based Electric Vehicle Charging”. IEEE Systems Journal, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 906-917, March, 2019.
- Yue Cao, Tong Wang, Omprakash Kaiwartya, Geyong Min, Naveed Ahmad and Abdul Hanan Abdullah. “An EV Charging Management System Concerning Drivers’ Trip Duration And Mobility Uncertainty”. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics: Systems, vol. 48, no. 4, pp. 596-607, April, 2018.
- Yue Cao and Ning Wang. “Toward Efficient Electric Vehicle Charging Using VANET-Based Information Dissemination”. IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 66, no. 4, pp. 2886-2901, April, 2017.
- Yue Cao, Omprakash Kaiwartya, Ran Wang, Tao Jiang, Yang Cao, Nauman Aslam and Graham Sexton. “Toward Efficient, Scalable and Coordinated EV Charging Management”. IEEE Wireless Communications, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 66-73, April, 2017.
---Networking & Communication---
- Chong Han, Mehrdad Dianati, Yue Cao, Francis Mccullough and Alexandros Mouzakitis. “Adaptive Network Segmentation and Channel Allocation in Large scale V2X Communication Networks”. IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 61, no. 1, pp. 405-416, January, 2019.
- Yue Cao, Chong Han, Xu Zhang, Omprakash Kaiwartya, Yuan Zhuang, Nauman Aslam and Mehrdad Dianati. “A Trajectory Driven Opportunistic Routing Protocol for VCPS”. IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, vol. 54, no. 6, pp. 2628-2642, December, 2018.
- Mohsin Raza, Nauman Aslam, Hoa Le-Minh, Sajjad Hussain, Yue Cao and Noor Muhammad Khan. “A Critical Analysis of Research Potential, Challenges and Future Directives in Industrial Wireless Sensor Networks”. IEEE Communication Surveys & Tutorials, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 39-95, First Quarter, 2018.
- Yue Cao, Zhili Sun, Ning Wang, Maryam Riaz, Haitham Cruickshank and Xiulei Liu. “Geographic-Based Spray-and-Relay (GSaR): An Efficient Routing Scheme for DTNs”. IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 64, no. 4, pp. 1548-1564, April, 2015.
- Yue Cao and Zhili Sun. “Routing in Delay/Disruption Tolerant Networks: A Taxonomy, Survey and Challenges”. IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 654-677, Second Quarter, 2013.
---Cyber Security & Localization---
- Ao Lei, Yue Cao, Shihan Bao, Dashen Li, Philip Asuquo, Haitham Cruickshank, Zhili Sun “A Blockchain Based Certificate Revocation Scheme For Vehicular Communication Systems”. Future Generation Computer Systems (accepted in 2019).
- Yuan Zhuang, Luchi Hua, Longning Qi, Jun Yang, Pan Cao, Yue Cao, Yongpeng Wu, John Thompson and Harald Haas, “A Survey of Indoor Positioning System Using Visible LED Lights”. IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials, vol. 20, no. 3, 1963-1988, Third Quarter, 2018.
- Yuhui Yao, Yan Sun, Chris Phillips, Yue Cao. “Movement-Aware Relay Selection for Delay-Tolerant Information Dissemination in Wildlife Tracking and Monitoring Applications”. IEEE Internet of Things Journal, vol. 5, no. 4, 3079-3090, August, 2018.
- Omprakash Kaiwartya, Yue Cao, Jamie Lloret, Sushil Kumar, Nauman Aslam, Rupak Kharel, Abdul Hanan Abdullah, Rajiv Ratn Shah. “Geometry-Based Localization for GPS Outage in Vehicular Cyber Physical Systems”. IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 67, no. 5, pp. 3800-3812, May, 2018.
- Ao Lei, Haitham Cruickshank, Yue Cao, Chibueze P. A. Ogah, Philip Asuquo, Zhili Sun. “Blockchain-Based Dynamic Key Management for Heterogeneous Intelligent Transportation Systems”. IEEE Internet of Things Journal, vol. 4, no. 6, 1832-1843, December, 2017.
Lancaster University College at Beijing JiaoTong University (LUC@BJTU) in China
- Advanced Programming (2019)
- Editor of Book “Towards Sustainable and Economic Smart Mobility: Shaping the Future of Smart Cities”, published by World Scientific Publishing Europe Ltd (2018-2019)
- Associate Editor of Springer EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking (2019 - Present)
- Associate Editor of KSII Transactions on Internet and Information Systems (2018 - Present)
- Associate Editor of IGI Global International Journal of Vehicular Telematics and Infotainment Systems (2018 - Present)
- Associate Editor of IEEE Access (2017 - Present)
- Guest Editor for Transactions on Emerging Telecommunications Technologies, Special Issue on “Towards Automotive Cyber Security” (2019 - 2020)
- Guest Editor for IEEE Access, Special Issue on “Artificial Intelligence for Physical-Layer Wireless Communications” (2018 - 2019)
- Lead Guest Editor for IEEE Internet of Things Journal, Special Issue on “Towards Securing Internet of Connected Vehicles from Virtual Vehicle Hijacking” (2018 - 2019)
- Lead Guest Editor for IET Intelligent Transport Systems, special issue on “Recent Advance on Vehicle to Everything (V2X): Emerging Applications and Technologies” (2018 - 2019)
- Lead Guest Editor for IEEE Access, Special Issue on “Towards Service Centric Internet of Things (IoT): From Modelling to Practice” (2018 - 2019)
- Guest Editor for IEEE Internet of Things Journal, Special Issue on “Towards Positioning, Navigation, and Location Based Services (PNLBS) for Internet of Things” (2017 - 2018)
- Guest Associate Editor for IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications (JSAC), Special Issue on “Recent Advances in Heterogeneous Cellular Networks” (2014 - 2015)
- Guest Editor for International Journal of Distributed Systems and Technologies (IJDST), Special Issue on “Enabling Data Driven Methods and Technologies for Future Computer Networks” (2015 - 2016)
- (2019) External examiner for PhD thesis, Institute of Management Sciences (IMSciences) Peshawar, Pakistan.
- (2019) Examiner for Master of Computer and Information Sciences degree, School of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand.
PhD Supervision Interests
Smart Transport, Smart Grids, V2X, SDN, Edge Computing, Cyber Security
ENPC LABEX Futurs Urbains – GT “Ville et Numérique” 2019 Invitation Program “ULTRA-AUTO PARK, UnLock the impact of TRaffic uncertAinty for long-range AUTOnomous valet PARKing”
16/05/2019 → 31/12/2019
Northumbria University RDF17/CIS/CAO “Towards Edge Computing Based Autonomous Valet Parking System”
01/03/2019 → 02/10/2020
- SCC (Communication Systems)