Mathematics and Statistics
NIHR Pre-Doctoral Fellowship
The NIHR Pre-doctoral Fellowships are designed to support people who are looking to start or advance a career in health and social care research methodology within one of the following areas of Mathematics:
- Medical statistics
- Health economics
- Clinical trial design
- Operational research
- Qualitative research
- Mixed methods
This scholarship provides funding for an MSc, as well as a placement as a research assistant for a year following the completion of the MSc. To be eligible, the applicant must first identify a suitable academic advisor. For assistance applying to the scheme, contact Andrew Titman.
The deadline is 16th March 2023, but students should have contacted a potential supervisor by 24th February 2023.
This is a £1,500 award open to MSc Conservation and Biodiversity applicants who have studied at and graduated from Lancaster University. Eligible candidates should have an ecology background.
To apply for this award, please email Postgraduate Admissions no more than 500 words by 31st July 2023 to explain your particular areas of interest and why you hope to be awarded this scholarship. Please title your email Heatherlea Bursary Application.
Peter John Vincent Geography Prize Bursary
Current undergraduate students of Geography at Lancaster Environment Centre are automatically considered for this award of £1,500. This bursary is allocated to the applicant with the highest overall mark in their undergraduate Geography degree. You should have a place on any Lancaster Environment Centre taught Master's degree in order to be eligible for this.
Anuj Bidve Scholarship
This scholarship is only available to final year Indian students of Savitribai Phule Pune University (formerly the University of Pune) who will study an MSc course in Engineering at Lancaster. The scholarship includes all tuition fees for the MSc and accommodation on Lancaster University's campus for 12 months of full-time study. You do not need to apply for this scholarship - all eligible applicants will be considered at the point of application submission.
To be eligible for the Anuj Bidve Scholarship, you should be anticipating at least a 2:I (UK Hons) degree or equivalent and be applying for one of the following programmes:
- MSc Advanced Mechanical Engineering
- MSc Mechanical Engineering with Project Management
- MSc Electronic Engineering
- MSc Engineering Project Management
Lancaster Global Scholarship
Lancaster University is delighted to announce that we will offer a generous scholarship to high-achieving students from all international countries, who are liable for International tuition fees.
The £5000 scholarship is awarded as a tuition fee waiver for Postgraduate Taught programmes for 2024 entry and will be automatically awarded if students meet the eligibility criteria and terms and conditions outlined below:
- For Postgraduate Taught Awardees (excluding applicants to MBA programmes), please refer to the equivalent qualifications information.
- The Lancaster Global Scholarship is available for eligible applicants to all full-time and part-time Postgraduate taught degree-level programmes, offered fully on-campus at Lancaster University for October 2024 entry.
- Applicants must be in receipt of either a conditional or an unconditional offer for a place at Lancaster University for October 2024 entry, which you have accepted.
- Fully funded applicants are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Partially funded applicants for less than 50% of their fees would be eligible for this scholarship.
- Awardees must be classed as Overseas or International fee-paying students for tuition fee purposes, for the duration of their studies. If you are awarded the scholarship and are subsequently reassessed as a ‘Home’ fee-payer, you will no longer be eligible for the scholarship.
- Pathway students progressing from INTO Lancaster University are eligible for the Global Scholarship.
Lancaster Sanctuary Scholarship
At Lancaster University we are committed to offering all the opportunities of higher education to those seeking a place of safety and security. Our Sanctuary Scholarships are available to students who are seeking asylum in the UK and are not entitled to receive statutory student financial support from Student Finance England (Wales or Northern Ireland) or the Student Awards Agency for Scotland. Please note, that there is a limited number of Sanctuary Scholarships available each year.
The scholarship includes:
- Free campus accommodation
- 100% tuition fee discount until such a time as you are awarded a status in the UK that allows you to apply for support from Student Finance England (Wales or Northern Ireland) or Student Awards Agency for Scotland.
- Up to £5,000 per year to support with living costs, non-repayable until such a time as you are awarded a status in the UK that allows you to apply for support from Student Finance England (Wales or Northern Ireland) or Student Awards Agency for Scotland.
- A guaranteed place on the Lancaster Success Programme, which includes one-to-one coaching and support.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Lancaster Sanctuary Scholarship you must:
- Have submitted an application for asylum in the UK and been granted Refugee status, Discretionary leave to remain (DLR), Indefinite leave to remain (ILR), Humanitarian Protection (HP), Awaiting a decision on an application for refugee status (asylum seeker), Leave as an Unaccompanied Asylum-Seeking Child (UASC Leave), Refused Asylum Seeker (application for refugee status has been denied and a fresh claim is in process), Lived in the UK for the last half of life, which was not for the principal purpose of study, and has a form of immigration permission. This can include Limited Leave to Remain (LLR).
- Hold an offer to study at Lancaster University.
Alumni Loyalty Scholarship
Lancaster University will offer a reduction in tuition fees for all taught Master's programmes for eligible applicants.
To be eligible for the Alumni Loyalty Scholarship you must hold an undergraduate or Master’s degree awarded by Lancaster University, achieved at any time, including one delivered through an associated institution. You will be eligible for a 10% fee reduction, automatically deducted from your fees.
Some MRes programmes may be eligible, contact us to check.
Please note that the Alumni Loyalty Scholarship will be based on the most recent programme of study undertaken at Lancaster University.
Who is eligible?
For further details on eligibility, please visit our Alumni Loyalty Scholarship page.
The Peel Trust Studentship
Peel Trust Studentships are available for the support of prospective or current Lancaster University students. The award is based on academic merit and financial hardship and is up to an individual maximum of £2500.
Other Funding Sources
Lancaster University also offers a number of other awards based on a variety of factors, from college-specific awards to means-tested access awards. Visit our dedicated funding opportunities page for more information.