Lancaster University will offer a generous scholarship to Master's students who are liable for Home tuition fees.
For high-achieving international applicants. The scholarship is awarded as a tuition fee waiver for Postgraduate Taught programmes (excluding MBA programmes) for 2024 entry and will be automatically awarded if students meet the eligibility criteria and terms and conditions outlined below.
At a glance
|Study level||Postgraduate taught students|
|Fee status||International students (about fee status)|
|Year of entry||2024|
|Based on||Entry grades|
|Amount||£5,000 in your first year of study.|
|How to apply||
You will be automatically considered for this funding when you apply
This Scholarship or bursary is for applicants joining Lancaster University in October 2024. We review our scholarships and bursaries each year, and cannot guarantee this funding will be available for applicants who decide to defer their place.
Who is eligible?
- For Postgraduate Taught Awardees (excluding applicants to MBA programmes), please refer to the equivalent qualifications information.
- The Lancaster Global Scholarship is available for eligible applicants to all full-time and part-time Postgraduate taught degree-level programmes, offered fully on-campus at Lancaster University for October 2024 entry.
- Applicants must be in receipt of either a conditional or an unconditional offer for a place at Lancaster University for October 2024 entry, which you have accepted.
- Fully funded applicants are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Partially funded applicants for less than 50% of their fees would be eligible for this scholarship.
- Awardees must be classed as Overseas or International fee-paying students for tuition fee purposes, for the duration of their studies. If you are awarded the scholarship and are subsequently reassessed as a ‘Home’ fee-payer, you will no longer be eligible for the scholarship.
- Pathway students progressing from INTO Lancaster University are eligible for the Global Scholarship.
How to apply
There is no separate application process for the Lancaster Master’s Scholarship. Eligible students will be identified automatically through their University application. The scholarship is confirmed once Lancaster University is in receipt of your final exam transcript.
At Lancaster University we accept a number of different qualifications. For information about the requirements for the Global Scholarship, please see the table below.
If your country is not listed, please contact our admissions team.
|China||Bachelor's Degree (4 years)||85-90% (depending on the institution)|
|Colombia||Licenciado / Titulo de / Profesional en / Maestro en / Diploma de (4-5 years depending on qualification)||4.5/5.0|
|Ghana||Bachelor's Degree (4 years)||1st Class|
|Hong Kong||Bachelor's Degree (4 years)||1st Class or 3.5/4.3|
Bachelor's Degree (minimum 3 years)
|70-85% (depending on the institution)|
|Italy||Diploma di Laurea (3 years)||106/110|
|Japan||Bachelor's Degree (Gakushi) (4 years)||80%|
|Kenya||Bachelor's Degree (4 years)||1st Class|
|Mexico||Licenciado (4 years)||8.5/10|
|Nigeria||Bachelor's Degree (4 years)||1st Class|
|Pakistan||Bachelor's Degree (4 years)||3.4/4.0|
|Peru||Grado Académico de Bachiller (4 years)
Titulo de Licenciado / Titulo (Professional) de [subject] (5 years)
|Portugal||Licenciado (5 years)||18/20|
|Saudi Arabia||Bachelor's Degree (4 years)||3.5/4.0 or 4.5/5.0|
|Spain||Titutlo Universitario Oficial de Licenciado (Licenciatura)
Titutlo Universitario Oficial de Graduado
|Thailand||Bachelor's Degree (4 years)||3.4/4.0 - 3.5/4.0 (depending on the institution)|
|United States of America||Bachelor's Degree (4 years)||3.6/4.0|
|Vietnam||Bang Tot Nghiep Dai Hoc (4 years)
Bang Cu Nhan (4 years)
Applicants progressing from the INTO Lancaster University Pre-master's programme with 70% overall will be eligible for the Lancaster Global Scholarship.
Combining scholarship awards
- If an applicant is eligible for both, this scholarship can be combined with the Alumni Loyalty Scholarship.
- If an applicant is eligible for both the Lancaster Global Scholarship and a scholarship and/or tuition fee discount from any of our international teaching partnerships, only the award of the highest value will be made.
- It is possible to combine the Lancaster Global Scholarship and the Management School Master's Scholarship, if an applicant is eligible for both scholarships.
- If successfully awarded a named departmental scholarship, it can be combined with this scholarship.
Payment of the scholarship
- The Lancaster Global Scholarship will be awarded for the first year of study only, as a tuition fee waiver for full-time students.
- The Lancaster Global Scholarship award will be divided into equal amounts and awarded per year of study for part-time students, subject to successful completion of the previous year of study.
- The Lancaster Global Scholarship is not available as a cash alternative.
- All offer conditions must be met or exceeded.
- All other entry requirements must be met.
- Applicants must apply for and have an offer to study on a full-time or part-time Postgraduate Taught degree programme at our Lancaster campus for the 2024/25 academic year. For a full list of our Postgraduate Taught programmes and to submit a study application, please visit our postgraduate study pages.
Lancaster University reserves the right to withdraw this scholarship or bursary if award holders are subsequently found to be ineligible or if the terms and conditions of the scholarship are not adhered to.
Our admissions team can help with questions about scholarships and bursaries as well as other general enquiries about applying to Lancaster University.