Alumni replacement document ordering

Ordering replacement certificates and transcripts for graduated students.

Please note that due to the volume of requests orders can take 30 working days to turn around. If you require your documents urgently, you can select priority service (which reduces the turnaround time to 10 working days) at the time of ordering for an additional cost.

For general enquiries about replacement documents, please email the team or call +44 (0)1524 593390 at the following times:

  • Monday 14.00-15.30
  • Tuesday 10.00-11.30
  • Wednesday 14.30-16.00
  • Thursday 15.30-17.00

Please ensure you select the correct institution from the list below.

If you select the wrong institution, your order will be cancelled and refunded, and you will need to place a new order for the correct institution.

Where did you complete your studies?

Please select your institution below:

Lancaster University, Bailrigg campus

If you graduated from our Lancaster campus, order replacement documents for graduates from Lancaster University, Bailrigg campus.

One of our UK partner institutions

Order replacement documents for graduates from UK institutions other than our Lancaster campus:

  • Blackburn College
  • Blackburn and The Fylde College
  • Edge Hill University (formerly Edge Hill College of Higher Education)
  • The University of Cumbria/St Martin's College
  • Liverpool Polytechnic (formerly C.F Mott College)
  • The Centre for Social Studies (formerly Central European University Warsaw)
  • The Grimsby Institute of Further and Higher Education (formerly Grimsby College)
  • The Poet's House Donegal

One of our overseas partner institutions

If you graduated from one of our Lancaster University international campuses

  • Lancaster University Ghana,
  • Sunway University,
  • GD Goenka University,
  • Lancaster University College at Beijing Jiatong University or
  • Comsats

Frequently Asked Questions

Ordering Documents


  • How can I order a replacement undergraduate document?

    Additional copies of your undergraduate Degree Certificate, Transcript and Higher Education Achievement Record (HEAR) can be ordered at any time from the beginning of graduation week.

    Please be aware that a minimum of 30 working days is required to process requests.

    Document Charges For Alumni

  • How can I order replacement postgraduate documents?

    Additional copies of your postgraduate Degree Certificate, Transcript and Higher Education Achievement Record (if appropriate to the course of study) can be ordered once the originals have been produced.

    Please be aware that a minimum of 30 working days is required to process requests.

    Document Charges For Alumni

  • Can I order replacement documents for a PhD?

    You will be able to order a Degree Certificate and a Confirmation of Award letter. We are however unable to provide you with a Transcript or a Higher Education Achievement Record (HEAR).

  • Can I order more than one certificate?

    You are able to request multiple copies of certificates. The maximum number of copies that can be requested per order is five copies. If you require more than five copies you will need to place separate orders. Please be aware that each certificate produced is an original with its own unique print number.

  • I studied years ago, can I still order a transcript?

    You can order a transcript if you graduated from the University in 1988-89 academic year onwards. Unfortunately, we are not able to produce transcripts for students who graduated prior this date.  

  • I didn't complete my course, can I order a partial transcript?

    If you are requesting a document for an undergraduate degree programme we can provide you with a partial Transcript which confirms the course modules you completed and the marks you were awarded. We are also able to provide you with a Confirmation of Study letter.

    If you studied for a postgraduate programme you will need to contact the relevant department directly to see if this could be produced.

  • Can I have information added or excluded from documents I have ordered?

    Unfortunately, we cannot add or remove information from Degree Certificates, Transcripts, Higher Education Achievement Records (HEAR) or Confirmation of Award letters.

  • What is a Higher Education Achievement Record (HEAR)?

    Your HEAR provides a full record of your achievement during your time at Lancaster. This includes your academic achievements – the courses you took and marks you were awarded – and also any extra-curricular activities, prizes, voluntary work and offices held in colleges and societies that have been verified by the University. Your HEAR document also incorporates the European Diploma Supplement. The HEAR is available to students who completed their degree in the 2011-12 academic year onwards.  

  • Can I request a stamped photocopy of a document?

    You are able to request a stamped photocopy of a Transcript and Degree Certificate. There is a charge for this service of £5 per document, for example, if you asked us to certify both a Transcript and Degree Certificate you would be charged £10 (£5 for each document). 

    Due to the high volume of requests that we receive please allow up to 10 working days for processing.

    Payments can be made at the Online Store where you will need to enter the amount you are paying and then click to add into the basket.

    Once you have made the payment you will need to email Alumni Document providing your full name and one postal address. Alongside this, you will need to attach a copy of the documents you require stamping.

    Please be aware that stamped photocopies may not be accepted by many institutions as proof of your qualification. Your only option available from the University in this instance would be to order additional copies of your documents via this page. We strongly suggest that you contact the institution to which you are applying for further advice and guidance.

    Please note that we are unable to post documents to multiple addresses.

  • How can I get my order to be prioritised?

    When placing your order you can request for documents to be prioritised as urgent by paying an additional £20. This cost reduces the processing time from 30 working days to 10 working days.

    Please be advised working days are calculated from the point a priority payment is paid. 

  • Can I request scanned copies of my document order?

    This is not a service that we are able to provide.

  • Do you provide and apostille seal/stamp?

    An apostille is an internationally recognised stamp which verifies the authenticity of documents. Lancaster University does not provide this service; you will need to contact a Notary Public or Apostille Certificate Service for further information.

  • What are my postage options?

    All documents are posted out first-class or standard airmail and this cost is included in your order. Delivery by this method may take up to three weeks. Documents are not tracked when sent by the standard service. 

    All documents are sent out in a hard backed envelope which is stamped and signed across the seal.

    Other postage options

    DHL courier service. This can be selected when placing your order for an additional cost, and tracking is available when using this service.

    World Education Service (WES) When ordering you have the option to request we use the WES. Each WES order is placed in a signed and sealed envelope (which shows the individual WES reference number) and is stamped with the official University logo over the seal. Please be aware that as this is not part of our normal service there is a £5 charge.

  • Can I collect my document or have someone else collect it on my behalf?

    Yes. You will need to use the address field on the online order form to indicate that this document will be collected. If a third party is collecting the document on your behalf you will need to add the person's name and ID number. Please be aware that you will need to add 'X' into any unused field to ensure that the order can be submitted.

  • Can I send my document to someone other than myself?

    Yes. You will need to ensure that you add the relevant postal address into the separate delivery address option on the order form.

  • Can an incoming Study Abroad, Exchange or Eramus student order a document

    As your original documentation was produced by the International Office please contact them directly for further information on obtaining additional copies.

Problem with my order