Tab Content: Undergraduates
Undergraduate students are invited to attend our Summer Graduation ceremonies. The next session dates are to be confirmed and have been postponed from July 2020 to December 2020
Students are arranged into a ceremony by their College and sometimes College ceremonies are also split by Faculty. MBChB students all graduate in the same ceremony.
- If you have compulsory final year resit examinations or choose to sit optional resits in August, you would then not be eligible to graduate in the same summer and would have to wait until the next summer to attend Graduation.
- Students on four-year Integrated Masters courses, who decide at the end of three years that they wish to exit the University with a Bachelors's degree, can enquire about late registration at the point that they make this decision, or they can ask to have their Graduation deferred to the next year.
Tab Content: Postgraduate Taught Courses
Postgraduates on taught courses (Masters (MA, MRes and MSc), PG Diplomas) are invited to attend our Winter Graduation in the year they complete their degree. The next session is due to be Wednesday 9 December and Thursday 10 December 2020.
Students are arranged into a ceremony by their Faculty, and sometimes Faculty ceremonies are also split by Department.
Tab Content: Postgraduate Research Courses
There are different deadlines and eligibility requirements for Doctoral Candidates, DClinPsy and other research students.
Doctoral Candidates (PhD, DSc, DLitt, DMgt, EngD, MD) (excluding DClinPsy)
Doctoral candidates (excluding DClinPsy) can be invited to either Summer or Winter ceremonies. To be invited you must have completed the following steps by the eligibility deadline:
- Have had your viva voce examination;
- Made any required changes from your examiners;
- Have had your changes formally approved by your examiners;
- Have your degree award signed off by the Pro-Vice-Chancellor for Education;
- Have submitted the final bound copy of your thesis to the Library;
- Have uploaded a copy of your final thesis to the Library’s online repository;
- Have cleared any outstanding debts.
Deadline for Summer 2020 – 28 February 2020
Deadline for Winter 2020 – 21 September 2020
Deadline for Summer 2021 – 26 February 2021
Doctoral candidates who may be eligible to graduate will be reminded about these deadlines before each round of graduations, and eligible graduates will be invited in March/October.
Other Research degrees (e.g.DClinPsy, MPhil, Masters by Research)
Other research degrees are only invited to Winter Graduations; the next one is due to be 9 and 10 December 2020.
To be eligible to graduate you must have had your degree confirmed by your Department’s exam board (for Masters by Research degrees), had your viva voce examination, and met the same requirements that are set out in the section above before you can graduate.
The eligibility deadline is the end of October.