Tab Content: Undergraduates
The Class of 2020 Undergraduate ceremonies are scheduled to take place Monday 14 - Thursday 17 December.
We expect to confirm further details about these ceremonies in September 2020.
In 2021, we expect Undergraduate students in the Class of 2021 to be invited to attend our Summer Graduation ceremonies in July 2021
- Undergraduate students are arranged into a ceremony by their College and sometimes College ceremonies are also split by Faculty. MBChB students all graduate in the same ceremony.
Tab Content: Postgraduate Taught Courses
Postgraduates on taught courses (Masters (MA, MRes and MSc), PG Diplomas) are invited to attend our Winter Graduation in the year they complete their degree. The next session is due to be Wednesday 9 December and Thursday 10 December 2020.
Students are arranged into a ceremony by their Faculty, and sometimes Faculty ceremonies are also split by Department.
We expect to confirm further details of the 2020 Postgraduate ceremonies in September.
Tab Content: Postgraduate Research Courses
There are different deadlines and eligibility requirements for Doctoral Candidates, DClinPsy and other research students.
Doctoral Candidates (PhD, DSc, DLitt, DMgt, EngD, MD) (excluding DClinPsy)
Doctoral candidates (excluding DClinPsy) can be invited to either Summer or Winter ceremonies, in 2020 all Doctoral Candidates will be invited to the Winter ceremonies. To be invited you must have completed the following steps by the eligibility deadline:
- Have had your viva voce examination;
- Made any required changes from your examiners;
- Have had your changes formally approved by your examiners;
- Have your degree award signed off by the Pro-Vice-Chancellor for Education;
- Have submitted the final bound copy of your thesis to the Library;
- Have uploaded a copy of your final thesis to the Library’s online repository;
- Have cleared any outstanding debts.
Deadline for Winter 2020 – 21 September 2020
Deadline for Summer 2021 – 26 February 2021
Deadline for Winter 2021 - 21 September 2021
Doctoral candidates who may be eligible to graduate will be reminded about these deadlines before each round of graduations, and eligible graduates will be invited in March/October.
Other Research degrees (e.g.DClinPsy, MPhil, Masters by Research)
Other research degrees are only invited to Winter Graduations; the next one is due to be 9 and 10 December 2020.
To be eligible to graduate you must have had your degree confirmed by your Department’s exam board (for Masters by Research degrees), had your viva voce examination, and met the same requirements that are set out in the section above before you can graduate.
The eligibility deadline is the end of October.