Applying for Postgraduate Study
We have an online application portal (MyApplications) where you can:
- Upload your documents
- Submit your application
- Track the progress of your application
You should submit your application through our MyApplications portal if:
- You have not studied at Lancaster University before
- You are applying for a Research programme (such as Mphil, PhD,or MSc by Research)
- You are not applying for Doctorate in Clinical Psychology DClinPsy. This programme is administered by an external agency. You will find the links to apply online on the relevant course pages under Key Information
What you will need to provide
As part of your online application we will ask you to upload or send us supporting documentation. We will contact your referees once you have submitted your application, if you ask us to.
The supporting documentation section will show you a list of required documents.
- Degree certificates and transcripts of College or University degrees or other courses. These may be for courses that you have completed, or for which you are currently studying. If these are not in English, we will need to see a certified English translation.
- Personal Statement
- Research proposal (for research degrees)
- English language test results (if English is not your first language)
For master's applications, we need a copy your transcript and a personal statement before we can make a decision. The other documents listed above can be provided later.
To start your application, go to the MyApplications portal and create an account.
If you cannot apply online
If you cannot use the MyApplications portal then you may submit a paper application form instead. Please contact the Admissions Team.