Applying for Postgraduate Study
We have an online application portal (MyApplications) where you can:
- Upload your documents
- Submit your application
- Track the progress of your application
You can apply online by using MyApplications for the majority of postgraduate courses taught at Lancaster University.
You cannot use MyApplications for the following postgraduate courses:
- Clinical Psychology DClinPsy - you must apply for this course via the Clearing House for Postgraduate Courses in Clinical Psychology.
- Management (2 Year) MSc - you should apply through emlyon business school.
- International Master's Program for Managers (IMPM) - you should apply through the IMPM website.
- Courses taught by Lancaster's Centre for Executive training and Development (CETAD) - Email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
What you will need to provide
As part of your online application you will need to upload supporting documentation. We will contact your referees once you have submitted your application, if you ask us to.
The supporting documentation section will show you a list of required documents.
- Degree certificates and transcripts of College or University degrees or other courses. These may be for courses that you have completed, or for which you are currently studying. If these are not in English, we will need to see a certified English translation.
- Personal Statement
- Research proposal (for research degrees)
- English language test results (if English is not your first language)
For master's applications, we need a copy your transcript and a personal statement before we can make a decision. The other documents can be provided later.
To start your application, go to the MyApplications portal and create an account.
If you cannot apply online
If you cannot use the MyApplications portal then you may submit a paper application form instead. Please contact the Admissions Team.