How to officially become a member of Lancaster University by registering online.
1. Look out for our email
About a month before your course starts you will receive an email invitation to Register online. You won’t be able to register any earlier than this.
If you don’t receive this email make sure to check your junk email, but don’t worry if you are unable to find it - you can go to the Registration Centre here. To access it you will need the login details you were sent.
2. Set up and protect your University account
In the Registration Centre, you will be able to:
- Confirm a personal email address so you will be able to reset your University IT account password online.
- Receive your IT account username - this will be based on your name.
- Be directed to set a password for your IT account.*
- Upload your photo.
- Upload your documents.
- Enrol on your modules, where necessary.
*When you complete the setup of your IT account there will be a link to where you set up Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA). You should do this straight away. MFA provides an extra layer of security when accessing some University applications. Once set up you’ll be able to generate One-Time Passwords (OTPs) to enter if prompted when logging in to those applications. After setting up MFA you should return to the Registration Centre.
3. Access your University Account
Using your University Account username and password you can access University IT services, but please note that some IT services may not be made available to you until after your course start date. For an introduction to essential IT services, visit the Connect to IT page.