Widening participation criteria
In order to be eligible to take part in our widening participation activities and initiatives, we ask that you meet at least two of our widening participation criteria. These are:
- I am from a low income background (i.e. household income of £30,000 or less)
- I am from a neighbourhood where higher education participation is low (POLAR4 Quintile 1, can be checked using the tool below)
- I am the first in my family to progress to higher education (Neither of your parents attended university except as a mature student)
- I am from a certain minority ethnic group
- I have a disability
- I have a mental health problem, Specific Learning Difficulty and/or am on the autism spectrum
- I am in receipt of free school meals
- I am eligible for pupil premium
- I am in care, looked after or a care leaver
- I have caring responsibilities
- I am estranged from my family
- I am from a gypsy or Traveller community
- I am a refugee or asylum seeker
- I am from a military family
We also ask that you are a UK student or are attending a UK school in order to take part in our widening participation activities.
Please note that some projects have additional requirements for you to take part.
It may be required that you meet a specific criteria from the list above to take part in one of our tailored activities and some of our activities will require that certain academic requirements are met. Projects that require you to meet additional criteria will detail this information on the webpage or as part of the application process. Each of our activities will specify the age group that can apply. The majority of our access activities are designed for students in Year 9 up to Year 13.
If you have any questions regarding our widening participation criteria or wish to check for any additional requirements for a project you are interested in, please get in touch on email@example.com or 01524 595232.