International Arrivals Transfer Service
Shuttle service for Study Abroad students
A coach service will operate for Study Abroad students arriving at Manchester Airport on Tuesday 10th January 2023. You can select a place on a coach from the following options:
When booking your coach ticket, it is strongly advised that you chose a coach that runs 2 to 3 hours after your flight is due to arrive. This will allow you time to get through security and collect your luggage.
You can bring 2 pieces of hold luggage and 1 piece of cabin luggage.
The coach service costs £30 per person.
About the coach service
- After booking your place on the coach of your choice, you will receive details of what to do when you arrive at the airport via email. Please allow 2 - 3 working days to receive this information (or longer if you book your place over the Christmas period).
- Each coach seats approximately 20 people so you will be travelling with other students who are likely to have arrived on different flights.
- It typically takes 1 hour and 30 minutes to reach Lancaster from the airport.
What to do when you arrive at the airport
- There are 3 terminals at Manchester Airport, all of which are in close proximity to each other and can be reached on foot. Whichever terminal you arrive at, you will be able to reach the meeting point easily. At the meeting point, you will be greeted by Student Ambassadors who will take your name - you do not need a booking reference or a ticket at this stage as we will have all of your details.
- You will be given a boarding pass and luggage tags and there is a seating area where you can wait until it is time to board the coach.
Arriving on campus
- At the airport, we will ask you which college accommodation you are going to. When the coach arrives on campus, it will stop at each of the colleges so that you can go directly to your college.
What happens if your flight is late?
- This happens frequently and is why we suggest allowing 2 to 3 hours between your flight arrival time and coach booking. Should you miss your chosen coach, we will do our best to find you a space on the next coach. If your chosen coach is the 17:00 and your flight is delayed, we will help you get to the university.
Book the coach service
To book your place with one of the coaches, please choose the time you would like from the following options:
If you have any questions that are not answered above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our commitments are based on our best understanding of what the situation is likely to be when you arrive. We may need to change or adapt some elements of our plans as the situation changes in the UK and around the world. Please ensure you check our coronavirus webpage regularly for any updates as we will add additional information as more is known.