Concerns, complaints and enforcement

If you have contacted us about an accessibility problem (e.g. because you needed information in a different format, or you think we're not meeting the requirements of the accessibility regulations) but you feel that this has not been dealt with satisfactorily we want to know.

Raising a concern

The first stage would be to raise your concern informally. The aim of this stage is to achieve a quick and easy solution for you.

It would be appropriate to take your concern through the relevant contact listed on the Accessibility Statement web page that relates to your concern.

But if we do not deal with this concern satisfactorily you can take it through to a formal complaint. See the information below.

Making a complaint


There is a Student Complaints Procedure. To make a formal complaint you will need to complete the Complaint Application Form. This form and further information on making a complaint is available on the University website:

Students Complaints Procedure (opens in a new window)


You should first discuss your complaint with your line manager. Your manager will be able to identify who might be able to address the issues, for example a member of ISS, or how to escalate the complaint as necessary. As a final step, it may be appropriate to use the University’s Grievance Procedure. The procedure can be found at the following location:

Grievance Procedure

Member of Public (including applicants to the University)

Members of the public should first try and resolve any issues informally through the arrangements for raising a concern detailed above. If your concern is serious, or raises a matter of public interest, it is appropriate to follow the Raising Serious Concerns and Disclosing Public Interest Matters (Whistle blowing).

UK enforcement

The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’).

If you’re still not happy with how the University has responded to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).