Work on the first phase of improvements completes
In November 2018, The University appointed a contractor and began work on a series of external spaces around campus. Paving, ramps, handrails and steps have addressed in a number of prioritised areas including Lancaster Square, both Bowland Quads and Furness, with improvements currently being made around Fylde building.
Progress made so far:
- Improvements around Lancaster Square are complete.
- Works have progressed well in the Bowland Quads and all that remains to complete is the installation of handrails. This is ongoing and we hope to have this finished by the end of February 2019.
- Improvements around Furness went to plan with the installation of handrails to follow shortly. This area will be completed by the end of February 2019.
- Resurfacing works at Fylde have been delayed slightly to allow issues in other areas to be resolved, this was to avoid unnecessary disruption in the area. Remaining works around the area are being planned and further updates will be issued soon.
- Works at Grizedale have gone ahead as planned and should be complete by the end of February 2019.
Still to come
Contractors will need to visit areas across campus between now and the end of February 2019 to conduct minor finishing works and install handrails in some areas. Some minor, intermittent noise disruption may be experienced, which is being monitored by the project team. Measures have been implemented to reduce disruption where possible.
Contractors plan to leave site by the end of February 2019, ready for the next phase of improvements to be made later in the year.
We apologise for any inconvenience the work may cause you while we work to improve campus.