Lancaster Arts Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice explains how Lancaster Arts (a department of Lancaster University) will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal data.
The University will process your personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
What information do we collect from you?
We collect personal information from you such as your contact details and financial details.
We may also hold special category data such as details on your accessibility requirements and dietary requests which you have supplied us with.
After the majority of our events we send attendees a research questionnaire that is run and operated by The Audience Agency. Within this questionnaire are requests for information regarding your age, ethnicity and accessibility requirements. This research data is held by The Audience Agency and is not recorded on your box office customer record (unless you’ve contacted us directly with this information).
How is your information collected?
We collect information in these ways:
- Directly from you when you purchase a ticket at our box office;
- When you register and/or buy a ticket from our website;
- When you buy a ticket via a ticket agent working on our behalf;
- When you register, or buy a ticket at an organisation we provide a ticketing service for;
- When you complete a sign-up form/spreadsheet at a student/staff or industry event e.g. Freshers’ fair;
- When you sign up to an offer run by our colleagues or partners e.g. Lancaster University Flexible Benefits scheme;
- Via the Lancaster University LICA Department;
- Through surveys and questionnaires that you might be asked to complete following a Lancaster Arts event;
- Through information contained within the public domain i.e. your corporate website.
How do we use your information?
We use your personal data in order to process your event booking, provide details of events or arts opportunities and provide associated support for you.
Please read our full list of all the reasons for using your personal information. This shows the legal basis that we use for processing your information. This is typically as part of a contractual arrangement with you, but may also be for a legal obligation or a legitimate interest. If any of these do not apply then we will seek your consent to use your information.
- Who do we share your information with?
How do we keep your information secure?
We abide by Lancaster University's robust Information Security policies to protect your information. All staff in the University have a responsibility to make sure that your data is handled securely.
For further information please refer to the University's Information Security Policy.
How long do we keep your information?
We will keep your details on our system for five years following your last ticket purchase.
We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations (for example the collection of Gift Aid).
If you are identified as working in a related industry we may keep your information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity.
What are your rights?
You have the following rights regarding your personal data:
- To have access to your personal data - for further information see the Subject Access webpage;
- To have inaccurate or incomplete personal data amended;
- To have your personal data deleted – this will only apply when there is no legitimate reason for Lancaster Arts to continue to use your personal data;
- To restrict the use of your personal data;
- To request personal information in a digital form so that you can provide to other organisations;
- To object to automated decision making and profiling;
- To withdraw consent when we have used consent as the basis for using your information.
The University has further information on data subject rights.
If you wish to exercise your rights you are advised to first read this information as there are some exceptions to using your rights.
Any requests to use your rights over your personal data should be made to Lancaster University's designated Data Protection Officer.
What are your responsibilities?
You are required to read this Privacy Notice so you understand how we use your personal information and your rights.
If at any time your details change, or your contact preferences change, please ensure we hold up to date information about you. You can view and update this online. Alternatively, email email@example.com or telephone 01524 594151.
Who do I contact for further information or if I have concerns?
Lancaster Arts is a department of Lancaster University.
Lancaster University's designated Data Protection Officer is:
Mike Abbotts, Information Governance Manager
Contact Mike if you have any concerns or complaints about this Notice or about the way your personal data is being used.
Lancaster University is the Data Controller for the personal data that it holds about you. The University's contact details are:
If you are not happy with the way the University has handled your concern or complaint then you may submit a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Changes to this Notice?
This Notice has been developed to be compliant with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). This Notice is regularly reviewed and sometimes updated. It is important that you check for updates to this Notice. Updates can be made at any time and the most up to date version will be found on the Lancaster University website. If we make significant changes we will contact you to inform you of this.