Up to £2,000 in the first year of study only for Home students, dependent on entry grades.
For high-achieving international applicants. The scholarship is awarded as a tuition fee waiver for undergraduate programmes for 2024 entry and will be automatically awarded if students meet the eligibility criteria and terms and conditions outlined below.
At a glance
|Study level||Undergraduate students|
|Fee status||International students (about fee status)|
|Year of entry||2024|
|Based on||Entry grades|
|Amount||£2,000 in each year of study for applicants joining Part 1 of our undergraduate programmes.|
|How to apply||
You will be automatically considered for this funding when you apply
This Scholarship or bursary is for applicants joining Lancaster University in October 2024. We review our scholarships and bursaries each year, and cannot guarantee this funding will be available for applicants who decide to defer their place.
- Awardees must achieve A*AA and above at A level (or the equivalent in an alternative qualification).
- All grade conditions must be met or exceeded, tariff point equivalences are not considered.
- The Lancaster Global Scholarship is available for eligible applicants to all full-time taught undergraduate degree-level programmes, offered fully on-campus at Lancaster University for October 2024 entry.
- Applicants must be in receipt of an unconditional offer for a place at Lancaster University for October 2024 entry, which you have accepted firmly.
- The scholarship is only available to undergraduate students joining Part 1 of our degree programmes.
- Fully funded applicants are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Partially funded applicants for less than 50% of their fees would be eligible for this scholarship.
- Awardees must be classed as Overseas or International fee-paying students for tuition fee purposes, for the duration of their studies. If you are awarded the scholarship and are subsequently reassessed as a ‘Home’ fee-payer, you will no longer be eligible for the scholarship.
- Pathway students progressing from INTO Lancaster University are eligible for the Global Scholarship.
- Applicants applying from 1+3 programmes offered by Lancaster University articulation partners are not eligible for this scholarship.
How to apply
There is no separate application process for the Lancaster Global Scholarship. Eligible students will be identified automatically through their University application.
At Lancaster University we accept a number of different qualifications. For information about the requirements for the Global Scholarship, please see the table below.
If your country is not listed, please contact our admissions team.
|International Baccalaureate Diploma||38 points overall including 17 points from 3 Higher Level subjects|
|INTO Lancaster University Foundation Year||80% overall|
|British Columbia Senior Secondary Graduation Diploma (Canada)||87% average in five academic grade 12 level courses|
|Ontario Secondary School Diploma (Canada)||87% average in six academic grade 12 U or M courses|
|French Baccalaureate||16 overall|
|Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education||5*55 from three electives, or two electives and English Language|
|Indian Standard XII||87% average from best 4 subjects|
|Italian Diploma de Esame di Stato||96% overall|
|Portuguese Diploma Secundario de Educacao||19 overall|
|Spanish Bachillerato||9.3 out of 10|
Combining scholarship awards
- For 2024 entry, if an applicant is eligible for both the Lancaster Global Scholarship and a scholarship and/or tuition fee discount from any of our international teaching partnerships, only the award of the highest value will be made.
- For 2024 entry, if successfully awarded a named departmental scholarship, it can be combined with this scholarship.
Payment of the scholarship
- The Lancaster Global Scholarship will be awarded for each year of study, as a tuition fee waiver, for full-time students.
- The Lancaster Global Scholarship is not available as a cash alternative.
- The Lancaster Global Scholarship is not applicable to any years in industry or study abroad years that are compulsory or optional elements of your programme.
Lancaster University reserves the right to withdraw this scholarship or bursary if award holders are subsequently found to be ineligible or if the terms and conditions of the scholarship are not adhered to.
Our admissions team can help with questions about scholarships and bursaries as well as other general enquiries about applying to Lancaster University.