For high-achieving home undergraduate students who make Lancaster their firm choice.
At a glance
Home students (about fee status)
|Year of entry
||£2,000 in your first year of study
|How to apply
You will be automatically considered for this funding when you apply
- The Lancaster Scholarship will be available to all full-time UK (Home fee paying) applicants.
- Awardees must achieve AAA and above at A Level, or equivalent, with at least five GCSE’s grade A/7 or above.
- All grade conditions must be met or exceeded, tariff point equivalences are not considered.
- The scholarship is available to eligible applicants to all Undergraduate full-time degree programmes offered at Lancaster University for October 2023 entry. Visit our Study pages for a full list of our undergraduate programmes.
- Applicants, who are returning to study after an extended break, will be considered for the scholarship on the basis of an Access or equivalent programme.
- Applicants must make Lancaster University their firm UCAS choice.
- Scholarships are reviewed on an annual basis and funding cannot be guaranteed for the following entry year, for applicants who decide to defer.
- The Lancaster Scholarship is available to Part I students only.
- There is no separate application process for the Lancaster Scholarship. Eligible students will be identified automatically through their University application.
- By around mid-October, eligible students will receive an email to confirm the details of the award, including the payment dates and how the award will be paid.
Combining scholarship awards
The Lancaster Scholarship can be combined with The Lancaster Opportunity Scholarship, if an applicant meets the eligibility criteria.
Payment of the scholarship
The award will be worth £2,000 and will be paid in two equal instalments in the first year (part 1) of study.
Our admissions team can help with questions about scholarships and bursaries as well as other general enquiries about applying to Lancaster University.
Other scholarships and bursaries
Up to £1,000 per year of study for Home students, who have received a contextually lowered offer.
Lancaster University will offer a generous scholarship to high-achieving students who are liable for International tuition fees.
Up to £1,000 per year of study for undergraduate Home students, dependent on household income.
A scholarship for students who are refugees or have humanitarian protection, with support and resources to help them integrate into our community here at Lancaster.
Find out more about living and learning at Lancaster University
A highly-ranked university with a global reputation.
Your college will be your home away from home.
Career support for our students through university and beyond.
Lancaster has so much to offer. On our campus, in our city and in our community, you’ll find your place – whoever you are.
Lancaster is easy to get to and surrounded by natural beauty.
Our campus and the surrounding area is a great place to call home.
Build your global community on campus and around the world.
Services to help you fulfil your potential at Lancaster.