Up to £1,000 per year of study for Home students, who have received a contextually lowered offer.
For high-achieving home undergraduate students who make Lancaster their firm choice.
At a glance
|Study level||Undergraduate students|
|Fee status||Home students (about fee status)|
|Year of entry||2024|
|Based on||Entry grades|
|Amount||£2,000 in your first year of study|
|How to apply||
You will be automatically considered for this funding when you apply
This Scholarship or bursary is for applicants joining Lancaster University in October 2024. We review our scholarships and bursaries each year, and cannot guarantee this funding will be available for applicants who decide to defer their place.
- The Lancaster Scholarship will be available to all full-time UK (Home fee paying) applicants.
- Awardees must achieve AAA and above at A level (or the equivalent in an alternative qualification), with at least five GCSE’s grade A/7 or above.
- All grade conditions must be met or exceeded, tariff point equivalences are not considered.
- The scholarship is available to eligible applicants to all Undergraduate full-time degree programmes offered at Lancaster University. Visit our Study pages for a full list of our undergraduate programmes.
- Applicants, who are returning to study after an extended break, will be considered for the scholarship on the basis of an Access or equivalent programme.
- Applicants must make Lancaster University their firm UCAS choice.
- The Lancaster Scholarship is available to Part I students only.
- There is no separate application process for the Lancaster Scholarship. Eligible students will be identified automatically through their University application.
- By around mid-October, eligible students will receive an email to confirm the details of the award, including the payment dates and how the award will be paid.
Combining scholarship awards
The Lancaster Scholarship can be combined with the Lancaster Opportunity Scholarship, if an applicant meets the eligibility criteria.
Payment of the scholarship
The award will be worth £2,000 and will be paid in two equal instalments in the first year (part 1) of study.
Lancaster University reserves the right to withdraw this scholarship or bursary if award holders are subsequently found to be ineligible or if the terms and conditions of the scholarship are not adhered to.
Our admissions team can help with questions about scholarships and bursaries as well as other general enquiries about applying to Lancaster University.