EPSRC Impact Acceleration Account (IAA) 2017-2021
We are delighted to be able to announce that the University has been awarded a one-year, £280,000 extension to its original 2017-2020 IAA Funding Agreement. This brings the total over four years to £1,120,000. This fund is to accelerate the development of external impact from EPSRC research by funding projects in collaboration with external partners.
Call for Project Applications Now Open
As part of the allocation of this fund, we are pleased to announce a call for co-funded applications.
These are projects – supported by up to £25K from the IAA matched in cash by external partners. These have typically lasted a year or so and pay for a researcher, travel and consumables. General conditions of IAA projects include:
- The IAA is about accelerating impact from EPSRC funded research or researchers
- All EPSRC IAA funds are to be spent by 31st March 2021 (in the case of these co-funded projects that can go beyond that date but they can only do so by utilising the funds provided by the external partner)
- Partners will be expected to sign our standard co-funding agreement
- Budgets do not need to go through ACP and can only be used for directly costs only – so no directly allocated costs or overheads
- Projects need to be approved by Heads of Departments prior to submission and award
Please ensure that completed application forms are returned to Dr Mark Rushforth (Rushforth.firstname.lastname@example.org) and Mark Bowen (email@example.com ) by 9am Monday 10th February and we’ll endeavour to make decisions before the end of that month.
The application form and guidance notes can be accessed below.