Languages & Cultures Online Taster Sessions
Wednesday 29 April 2020, 12:00pm to Wednesday 3 June 2020, 1:00pm
Open toAll Lancaster University (non-partner) students, Alumni, Applicants, External Organisations, Postgraduates, Prospective Undergraduate Students, Public, Staff, Undergraduates
RegistrationFree to attend - registration required
Please sign up via the links provided for each seminar.
Would you like to learn more about the wonderful world of languages and cultures? Then our digital taster seminars might be just the right thing for you!
For the next six weeks, the Department of Languages and Cultures will be holding an online taster seminar every Wednesday from 12 noon to 1pm (BST). Each week will focus on a different language or topic. The sessions are free and anyone can join via the link provided - no prior knowledge required! There will also be a chance to ask our academics questions!
- Wednesday 29 April 2020, 12-1: French, led by Cyrille Rollet and Dr Erika Fülöp. Watch the recording.
- Wednesday 06 May 2020, 12-1: German, led by Prof. Allyson Fiddler, Marion Heuchert and Sascha Stollhans. Watch the recording.
- Wednesday 13 May 2020, 12-1: Chinese, led by Dr Aiqing Wang and Dr Derek Hird. Watch the recording.
- Wednesday 20 May 2020, 12-1: Spanish, led by María Caballero Lopez and Dr Samuel O'Donoghue - Watch the recording.
- Wednesday 27 May 2020, 12-1: Italian, led by Dr Elena Polisca and Alison Montague. Watch the recording.
- Wednesday 03 June 2020, 12-1.30: All about translating and interpreting, led by Dr Erika Fülöp (Director of our MA Translation), Romain Bardot, Sascha Stollhans, and three of our current and former students - to sign up, please follow this link
All seminars take place online in Microsoft Teams. They will be recorded for later upload to our departmental YouTube channel. Guidance on joining a Teams event is available on this website.
+44 1524 592466