Lancaster University will offer a generous scholarship to Master's students who are liable for Home tuition fees.
Lancaster University - GREAT Scholarships 2023: Kenya and Indonesia
Financial support for students from Kenya and Indonesia pursuing one-year postgraduate study in the UK (excludes MBA and MSc by Research courses).
At a glance
|Study level||Postgraduate taught students|
|Fee status||International students from Indonesia or Kenya (about fee status)|
|Year of entry||2023|
|Based on||Eligibility criteria|
|How to apply||
You will be automatically considered for this funding when you apply
In partnership with the British Council and the GREAT Britain Campaign, Lancaster University is offering one scholarship per country to students in Kenya and Indonesia applying for a one year taught postgraduate course in any subject (excluding MBA and MSc by Research courses).
The scholarship offers financial support of £10,000 to students pursuing one-year postgraduate study in the UK.
The GREAT Scholarships Programme
The GREAT Scholarships 2023 programme, launched by the British Council together with 49 UK universities, supports postgraduate students from Bangladesh, China, Egypt, Ghana, Kenya, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Thailand, Turkey and Vietnam to access world-class UK higher education opportunities.
The scholarship programme offers financial support of £10,000 to students pursuing one-year postgraduate study in the UK. Students can apply for courses in a range of subjects, at the 49 institutions across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
For more information on the GREAT Scholarships 2023, please visit Study UK.
- Applicants must be passport holders of Kenya and Indonesia and assessed as international for fees purpose
- For October 2023 entry, applicants must have applied, accepted a place and met all the conditions of their offer by 31 May 2023
- Applicants must not be in receipt of any other source of funding, either from an external funding body or Lancaster University
Successful applicants are expected to:
- Be active in the field with work experience or with a proven interest in the proposed subject area
- Be willing to embody the UK Higher Education experience, by attending lectures and tutorials and engaging with extra-curricular activities, and act as an ambassador for UK Higher Education, by promoting the value of studying at a UK HEI
- Be willing to establish an engagement with the UK as a scholar, through personal and academic fulfilment
- Represent the high standards of the GREAT brand by becoming an advocate for scholarships
- Be willing to attend a networking event of all UK-based GREAT scholars, to discuss experiences and capture perceptions of studying in the UK
Making an application
Information on how to apply for postgraduate study can be found on our website.
We will automatically consider you for a Lancaster University-GREAT Scholarship as part of our standard postgraduate application process and if you are awarded a scholarship we will be in touch with you directly in mid-June 2023. The successful recipients will be hand-selected by our international team, based on strength of application and merit. If we need any additional information, we will let you know.