Up to 20% off fees for all Taught Masters degrees, subject to your undergraduate results.
Lancaster Master's Scholarship
For high-achieving postgraduate taught students (excluding MBA programmes) eligible for Home fee status.
At a glance
|Study level||Postgraduate taught students|
|Fee status||Home students (about fee status)|
|Year of entry||2023|
|Based on||Entry grades|
|Amount||Up to £5,000|
|How to apply||
You will be automatically considered for this funding when you apply
- A scholarship of £2,000 for the first year of entry is available for students joining Postgraduate Taught programmes offered by the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences.
- A scholarship of £4,000 for the first year of entry is available for students joining Postgraduate Taught programmes offered by the Faculty of Science and Technology and the Faculty of Health and Medicine.
- A scholarship of £5,000 for the first year of entry is available for students joining Postgraduate Taught programmes offered by Lancaster University Management School (excluding MBA programmes).
Who is eligible?
- Applicants to Postgraduate Taught programmes offered by the Faculties of Arts and Social Sciences, Science and Technology and Health and Medicine, must achieve the equivalent of a UK first-class undergraduate degree (1st).
- Applicants to Postgraduate Taught programmes offered by the Management School must achieve the equivalent of a UK 2.1 undergraduate degree.
- The Lancaster Masters Scholarship is available for eligible applicants to full-time and part-time Postgraduate Taught degree-level programmes (excluding MBA programmes) offered fully on-campus at Lancaster University for October 2023 entry.
- Applicants must be in receipt of either a conditional or an unconditional offer for a place at Lancaster University for October 2023 entry, which you have accepted.
- Fully funded applicants are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Partially funded applicants for less than 50% of their fees, would be eligible for this scholarship.
- Awardees must be classed as Home fee-paying students for tuition fee purposes, for the duration of their studies.
How to apply
- Scholarships are automatically considered as part of the programme application and will be conditional if the results are unknown.
- Scholarship awards will be confirmed automatically for 2023 entry, throughout the recruitment cycle.
- If you meet the stated scholarship eligibility and award criteria, the scholarship will be confirmed.
- The scholarship is confirmed once Lancaster University is in receipt of your final exam transcript.
Payment of the scholarship
- The Lancaster Masters Scholarship will be awarded for the first year of study only, as a tuition fee waiver for full-time students.
- The total Lancaster Masters Scholarship will be divided into equal amounts and awarded per year of study for part-time students.
- The Lancaster Masters Scholarship is not available as a cash alternative.
- For part-time programmes, the scholarship is awarded for subsequent years of study, subject to successful completion of the previous year of study.
- The Lancaster Masters Scholarship is not applicable to any years in industry or study abroad years that are compulsory or optional elements of your programme.
- The award is for 2023 entry only.
- Scholarships are reviewed on an annual basis and we cannot guarantee funding for the following entry year for applicants who decide to defer.
Combining scholarship awards
- For 2023 entry, if an applicant is eligible for both the Lancaster Masters Scholarship and our Alumni Loyalty Scholarship, only the scholarship of the highest value will be awarded.
- For 2023 entry, if successfully awarded a named departmental scholarship, it can be combined with this scholarship.
- All offer conditions must be met or exceeded.
- All other entry requirements must be met.
- Applicants must apply for and have an offer to study on a full-time or part-time Postgraduate Taught degree programme at our Lancaster campus from October 2023. For a full list of our Postgraduate Taught programmes and to submit a study application, please visit our study pages.
Lancaster University reserves the right to withdraw the scholarship if award holders are subsequently found to be ineligible, or if the terms and conditions of the scholarship are not adhered to.
For further information, please email our Postgraduate Admissions Team.