Lancaster Master's Scholarship
For high-achieving postgraduate taught students (excluding MBA programmes) eligible for Home fee status.
At a glance
Postgraduate taught students
Home students (about fee status)
|Year of entry
||Up to £5,000
|How to apply
You will be automatically considered for this funding when you apply
- A scholarship of £2,000 for the first year of entry is available for students joining Postgraduate Taught programmes offered by the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences.
- A scholarship of £4,000 for the first year of entry is available for students joining Postgraduate Taught programmes offered by the Faculty of Science and Technology and the Faculty of Health and Medicine.
- A scholarship of £5,000 for the first year of entry is available for students joining Postgraduate Taught programmes offered by Lancaster University Management School (excluding MBA programmes).
Not sure which faculty teaches your chosen subject? Find the information you need on the course page in our postgraduate course list.
Who is eligible?
- Applicants to Postgraduate Taught programmes offered by the Faculties of Arts and Social Sciences, Science and Technology and Health and Medicine, must achieve the equivalent of a UK first-class undergraduate degree (1st).
- Applicants to Postgraduate Taught programmes offered by the Management School must achieve the equivalent of a UK 2.1 undergraduate degree.
- The Lancaster Master's Scholarship is available for eligible applicants to full-time and part-time Postgraduate Taught degree-level programmes (excluding MBA programmes) offered fully on-campus at Lancaster University for October 2023 entry.
- Applicants must be in receipt of either a conditional or an unconditional offer for a place at Lancaster University for October 2023 entry, which you have accepted.
- Fully funded applicants are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Partially funded applicants for less than 50% of their fees, would be eligible for this scholarship.
- Awardees must be classed as Home fee-paying students for tuition fee purposes, for the duration of their studies.
How to apply
- Scholarships are automatically considered as part of the programme application and will be conditional if the results are unknown.
- Scholarship awards will be confirmed automatically for 2023 entry, throughout the recruitment cycle.
- If you meet the stated scholarship eligibility and award criteria, the scholarship will be confirmed.
- The scholarship is confirmed once Lancaster University is in receipt of your final exam transcript.
Payment of the scholarship
- The Lancaster Master's Scholarship will be awarded for the first year of study only, as a tuition fee waiver for full-time students.
- The total Lancaster Master's Scholarship will be divided into equal amounts and awarded per year of study for part-time students.
- The Lancaster Master's Scholarship is not available as a cash alternative.
- For part-time programmes, the scholarship is awarded for subsequent years of study, subject to successful completion of the previous year of study.
- The Lancaster Master's Scholarship is not applicable to any years in industry or study abroad years that are compulsory or optional elements of your programme.
- The award is for 2023 entry only.
- Scholarships are reviewed on an annual basis and we cannot guarantee funding for the following entry year for applicants who decide to defer.
Combining scholarship awards
- For 2023 entry, if an applicant is eligible for both the Lancaster Master's Scholarship and our Alumni Loyalty Scholarship, only the scholarship of the highest value will be awarded.
- For 2023 entry, if successfully awarded a named departmental scholarship, it can be combined with this scholarship.
- All offer conditions must be met or exceeded.
- All other entry requirements must be met.
- Applicants must apply for and have an offer to study on a full-time or part-time Postgraduate Taught degree programme at our Lancaster campus from October 2023. For a full list of our Postgraduate Taught programmes and to submit a study application, please visit our study pages.
Lancaster University reserves the right to withdraw the scholarship if award holders are subsequently found to be ineligible, or if the terms and conditions of the scholarship are not adhered to.
For further information, please email our Postgraduate Admissions Team.
Our admissions team can help with questions about scholarships and bursaries as well as other general enquiries about applying to Lancaster University.
Other scholarships and bursaries
Up to 20% off fees for all Taught Master's degrees, subject to your undergraduate results.
Lancaster University will offer a generous scholarship to Business Master's students who are liable for International tuition fees.
Lancaster University will offer a generous scholarship to high-achieving students who are liable for International tuition fees.
A scholarship for students who are refugees or have humanitarian protection, with support and resources to help them integrate into our community here at Lancaster.
For students studying the full time Lancaster MBA programme.
We offer a range of scholarships awarded directly through our faculties and departments.
Many of our PhD departments also offer fully and part funded PhD programmes.
Find out more about living and learning at Lancaster University
A highly-ranked university with a global reputation.
Your college will be your home away from home.
Career support for our students through university and beyond.
Lancaster has so much to offer. On our campus, in our city and in our community, you’ll find your place – whoever you are.
Lancaster is easy to get to and surrounded by natural beauty.
Our campus and the surrounding area is a great place to call home.
Build your global community on campus and around the world.
Services to help you fulfil your potential at Lancaster.