Lancaster University will offer a generous scholarship to Master's students who are liable for Home tuition fees.
Thanks to generous support from Lancaster University Alumni, via the Lancaster University Opportunity Fund, this scholarship will provide a full fee waiver and stipend of £18,000, for living costs, to support a high achieving Black student to progress to PGT study.
At a glance
|Study level||Postgraduate taught students|
|Fee status||Home students (about fee status)|
|Year of entry||2023|
|Based on||Ethnicity, household income, academic performance, and Lancaster alumni status|
|Amount||Full fees and £18,000 living costs|
|How to apply||
Apply to Lancaster University
This initiative is designed to contribute to the university’s goal to increase the level of participation of Black students in the academic life of the institution. It is one of several scholarships that the university offers to students from minority groups. Other scholarships which contribute to the university’s inclusion goals are the Lancaster Global Scholarship, Lancaster Sanctuary Scholarship, Lancaster Opportunity Scholarship, and the Cowrie Foundation Scholarship.
What does the Master’s Scholarship for Black British students offer?
Tuition fee waiver
100% tuition fee discount
Support with living costs
£18,000 per year to support with living costs. These will be made in four equal instalments during the academic year, via BACS. The payments will be made in November, January, March and June.
Who is eligible?
The Master’s Scholarship for Black British students is available for eligible applicants to full-time Postgraduate Taught degree-level programmes (excluding MBA programmes) offered fully on-campus at Lancaster University for October 2023 entry.
You can apply if you:
- have one of the following categories of ethnicity:
- Black African
- Black Caribbean
- Black Other
- Mixed – White and Black Caribbean
- Mixed – White and Black African
- Other mixed background (to include Black African, Black Caribbean or Black Other)
- Are from a household with annual income less than or equal to £30,000
- Have an outstanding academic record, with evidence of consistent performance throughout your undergraduate degree
- Are in receipt of either a conditional or an unconditional offer for a place at Lancaster University for October 2023 entry, which you have accepted.
- Are classed as a Home fee-paying student for tuition fee purposes, for the duration of your studies.
- Hold an undergraduate degree from Lancaster University (achieved at any time)
Fully funded applicants are not eligible for this scholarship.
Partially funded applicants for less than 50% of their fees, would be eligible for this scholarship.
How to apply
To apply please complete this application form.
Application forms should be submitted by Wednesday 20 September, 2023.
Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application by Monday 25 September, 2023.
If you have any enquiries about the scholarship please contact email@example.com.