In your second year studying History at Lancaster you can choose to apply for a Heritage Placement - working with one of our regional heritage partners in the arts and heritage sectors across the North West.
Our partners include the National Trust, the Harris Museum and Art Gallery in Preston, the Duchy of Lancaster and the Keswick Museum & Art Gallery.
The placements may involve any of the following activities:
- Curating virtual exhibitions
- Repurposing, cataloguing, and contextualising existing resources
- Creating and running public workshops, including for schools or families
- Producing informative literature
- checking historic inventories
- Working with oral history resources including transcription
- Setting up activity trails
- Rebuilding the online profile of the organisation
keep reading for the experiences of some of our students who completed successful placements.