The following actions are essential - failing to complete them can result in your start date being postponed.
We are legally required to perform Right to Work checks prior to you commencing employment with us, so please report to the Human Resources Building1 at 9.00am with relevant right to work documents for a brief HR Onboarding. If you require parking for your first day, you can collect a one-day scratchcard on arrival - please do this before 9.00am. If your first day start time is later than this, please make an appointment to bring your documents in by calling 01524 510670. This onboarding will also include information on Payroll, Pensions, and time to ask any other questions you may have at this stage.
You must bring with you the following information:
- Completed Bank and Superannuation Form (also enclosed within your contract)
- P45 (if a P45 is not available, fill in the HM Revenue & Customer Starter Checklist)
Please note that failure to bring proof of eligibility to work on the first day of employment will result in the start date being postponed. No work can be undertaken prior to the evidence being seen.
Other Applicable Documents
You may be required to provide some of the documentation if applicable. See the list below to see if the items are relevant to you:
- Copy of highest educational/professional qualification (including teaching qualifications2)
- Proof of membership of the relevant professional organisation
- Marriage certificate for pension purposes
- Disclosure and Barring Service form or your current valid DBS certificate
- Criminal records disclosure form
1The Human Resources building can be found next to University House and the Chaplaincy Centre – Lancaster University Campus Map
2Examples of Teaching Qualifications include: ATLAS, Associate Teacher Programme, PGCE, PGCert Academic Practice, Subject-specific Professional Teaching Qualification, Masters in Learning and Teaching, PGDip Academic Practice