Students with Families
Lancaster and its surrounding areas are a great place for families to live, thanks to the unique combination of facilities across the city, coast and countryside. The city itself boasts numerous galleries, museums and attractions to keep children entertained, and has a number of excellent schools. On campus, there is a strong community of postgraduate students with young families, with a whole host of support services available.
Facilities available to Families at Lancaster University include:
Facilities and Services on campus include:
- The University boasts an excellent pre-school centre that has been awarded an 'Outstanding' rating by Ofsted (the highest grade possible), that caters for children between the ages of three months and five years old.
- Health Centre, Dentist and Pharmacy.
- Sports Centre with numerous children's activities.
- The 150 year old woodland which surrounds the campus is accessible via our woodland walk and trim trail. As well as students and staff the campus is also home to 120 bird species, three bat species and Roe Deer!
Support groups on campus include:
- Families are welcome to use the Graduate College Social Hub for social gatherings and relaxing. To book, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support groups off campus include:
- Friends International Lancaster is part of Friends International which is a national Christian charity. We provide the opportunity for International Students of any nationality or faith the opportunity to meet together, make friends and learn about local culture and customs.