Entrepreneurship and Innovation MSc - 2019 Entry
Full time 12 Month(s)
An entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to think ‘out-of-the-box’ are highly prized by employers and investors alike. Whether you want to develop a new business or re-energise an existing business through innovation and entrepreneurship, this course will equip you with the knowledge and skills to shape a successful and rewarding future career.
You will learn how to identify and assess opportunities, acquire key resources, and simultaneously manage organisational operations, transition and growth.
We offer the ideal environment for aspiring entrepreneurs, emphasising theoretical rigour and practical experience. You will benefit from academic excellence, broad business networks and cutting-edge models delivered by leading professors. Our innovative modules include design thinking, leadership, and entrepreneurial lab modules, some of which are often presented as workshops.
You will be encouraged to be proactive and to develop practical skills such as presenting and networking. We keep our class sizes small to encourage students to excel at working as a group.
There is a real opportunity to develop a new business idea with support from our enterprise centre and mentoring and advice from our 50+ Entrepreneurs In Residence.
We hold a prestigious small business charter award and are renowned for our knowledge exchange and business engagement activities.
You will study a range of modules as part of your course, some examples of which are listed below.
- Building Competitive Advantage
- Business Planning and Finance
- Family Business Management
- Corporate entrepreneurial mindset
- Research Project
- Researching Entrepreneurship, Strategy and International Business
- Entrepreneurial lab
- Design thinking and innovation
- Entrepreneurial ideas and skills
- Strategic Purpose and Leadership
Information contained on the website with respect to modules is correct at the time of publication, but changes may be necessary, for example as a result of student feedback, Professional Statutory and Regulatory Bodies' (PSRB) requirements, staff changes, and new research.
|Location||Full Time (per year)||Part Time (per year)|
The University will not increase the Tuition Fee you are charged during the course of an academic year.
If you are studying on a programme of more than one year's duration, the tuition fees for subsequent years of your programme are likely to increase each year. The way in which continuing students' fee rates are determined varies according to an individual's 'fee status' as set out on our fees webpages.
What are tuition fees for?
Studying at a UK University means that you need to pay an annual fee for your tuition, which covers the costs associated with teaching, examinations, assessment and graduation.
The fee that you will be charged depends on whether you are considered to be a UK, EU or overseas student. Visiting students will be charged a pro-rata fee for periods of study less than a year.
Our annual tuition fee is set for a 12 month session, which usually runs from October to September the following year.
How does Lancaster set overseas tuition fees?
Overseas fees, alongside all other sources of income, allow the University to maintain its abilities across the range of activities and services. Each year the University's Finance Committee consider recommendations for increases to fees proposed for all categories of student and this takes into account a range of factors including projected cost inflation for the University, comparisons against other high-quality institutions and external financial factors such as projected exchange rate movements.
What support is available towards tuition fees?
Lancaster University's priority is to support every student in making the most of their education. Many of our students each year will be entitled to bursaries or scholarships to help with the cost of fees and/or living expenses. You can find out more about financial support, studentships, and awards for postgraduate study on our website.
- Business Administration MBA
- Business Administration (Executive) MBA
- E-Business and Innovation MSc
- Information Technology, Management and Organisational Change MRes
- Information Technology, Management and Organisational Change MSc
- Innovation and Improvement Science MSc
- Innovation and Improvement Science PgCert
- Innovation and Improvement Science PgDip
- International Master's Programme in Practicing Management No Qual (PGT)
- Leadership and Management PgCert
- Leadership and Management (Health Care) PgCert
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management MSc
- Management MSc
- Management (2 Year) MSc
- Management (Entrepreneurship and Strategy) PhD
- Management (Organisation, Work and Technology) PhD
- Management Science MRes
- Management Science PhD
- Management Science PhD (Integrated)
- Medical Leadership MSc
- Medical Leadership PgDip
- Medical Leadership PgCert
- Politics, Philosophy and Management MSc
- Professional Development PGCert
- Professional Practice MA
- Professional Practice MSc
- Professional Practice PgCert
- Professional Practice PgDip
- Project Management MSc
- Strategy MSc