Management (Entrepreneurship and Strategy) PhD - 2020 Entry
Full time 3 Year(s)
Do you want to focus your research on entrepreneurship, strategy, leadership, family business or innovation, and benefit from cutting-edge insights from research-active staff? We are the most research-intensive business school in the UK, according to the latest Research Excellence Framework. In our welcoming environment, ideas can flourish and connections can be made.
Our PhD programme connects you with the following leading research centres and research forum to develop your expertise:
- The Centre for Family Business
- The Centre for Leadership Studies and Practice
- The Academy for Gender, Work and Leadership
We pride ourselves in offering a strong learning environment. You will have access to state-of-the-art computing facilities, IT support and dedicated office space. There will be opportunities to participate in various seminar series, workshops and conferences. You will also be able to access advanced training courses, including those delivered by the Economic and Social Research Council-funded North West Social Science Doctoral Training Partnership (NWSSDTP).
As we have a strong focus on practice, we will expect your doctoral research to have impact for practitioners as well as being theoretically thorough.
As a PhD student, you will study topics related to research design in management, including qualitative and quantitative research methods and research ethics. Subject experts will guide and supervise you during your PhD programme.
In addition to your thesis, an oral examination will form an integral part of the assessment of your doctoral research.
|Location||Full Time (per year)||Part Time (per year)|
The University will not increase the Tuition Fee you are charged during the course of an academic year.
If you are studying on a programme of more than one year's duration, the tuition fees for subsequent years of your programme are likely to increase each year. The way in which continuing students' fee rates are determined varies according to an individual's 'fee status' as set out on our fees webpages.
What are tuition fees for?
Studying at a UK University means that you need to pay an annual fee for your tuition, which covers the costs associated with teaching, examinations, assessment and graduation.
The fee that you will be charged depends on whether you are considered to be a UK, EU or overseas student. Visiting students will be charged a pro-rata fee for periods of study less than a year.
Our annual tuition fee is set for a 12 month session, which usually runs from October to September the following year.
How does Lancaster set overseas tuition fees?
Overseas fees, alongside all other sources of income, allow the University to maintain its abilities across the range of activities and services. Each year the University's Finance Committee consider recommendations for increases to fees proposed for all categories of student and this takes into account a range of factors including projected cost inflation for the University, comparisons against other high-quality institutions and external financial factors such as projected exchange rate movements.
What support is available towards tuition fees?
Lancaster University's priority is to support every student in making the most of their education. Many of our students each year will be entitled to bursaries or scholarships to help with the cost of fees and/or living expenses. You can find out more about financial support, studentships, and awards for postgraduate study on our website.
Management and Business
- Business Administration MBA
- Business Administration (Executive) MBA
- Business Analytics MSc
- E-Business and Innovation MSc
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation MSc
- Information Technology, Management and Organisational Change MRes
- Information Technology, Management and Organisational Change MSc
- Innovation and Improvement Science MSc
- Innovation and Improvement Science PgCert
- Innovation and Improvement Science PgDip
- International Master's Programme in Practicing Management No Qual (PGT)
- Leadership and Management PgCert
- Leadership and Management (Health Care) PgCert
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management MSc
- Management MSc
- Management (2 Year) MSc
- Management (Organisation, Work and Technology) PhD
- Management Science MRes
- Management Science PhD
- Management Science PhD (Integrated)
- Medical Leadership MSc
- Medical Leadership PgDip
- Medical Leadership PgCert
- Politics, Philosophy and Management MSc
- Professional Development PGCert
- Professional Practice MA
- Professional Practice MSc
- Professional Practice PgCert
- Professional Practice PgDip
- Project Management MSc
- Strategy MSc