Dr Alexander KozorezovSenior Research Fellow
Main recent activity in the following areas:
- Electron-phonon interaction in semiconductor micro- and nano-structures. Hot electrons and mechanisms of energy relaxation.
- Dynamics of plasmons and plasmon-phonon coupled modes. Plasmon life-time heirarchy and direct vibrational decay.
- Phonon transport in disordered materials and ceramics.
- Phonon scattering at the disordered interfaces. Microscopic theory of phonon energy transfer through solid-solid interfaces.
- Phonon detectors of elementary particles and photons. General principles of detection. Energy and spatial resolution. Strongly non-equilibrium state of quasi particles and phonons in superconducting tunnel junctions (STJ).
- Hot spots in STJ. Autolocalization of quasiparticles.
- Quasi particles and phonon interactions in heavily proximized superconducting structures.
- Dynamics and the origin of localized traps in the STJs. Kinetics of localized traps, quasiparticles and phonons. Giant trap-induced non-linear responsivity of the STJ's.
- STJ as sensitive detectors of single photons down to near infrared.
- STJ matrices. Diffusive coupling and cross-correlation in neighbour pixel response.
Year 4: Superdetectors: Unlocking the potential of non-equilibrium superconductivity at nanoscale
15/08/2019 → 14/08/2020
- Condensed Matter Theory
- Quantum Nanotechnology
- Quantum Technology Centre