Applications for postgraduate study (full-time, part-time and industry based) by research, leading to either an MPhil, PhD or EngD are welcomed. Research in the department is grouped into seven main areas, each drawing on a range of different fields. The areas are:
Structures and Manufacturing
Control and Instrumentation
Micro and Nano Technology
Engineering of Microwaves, Tetrahertz and Light
Director of Studies: Individual supervisor.
Duration: 3-4 years full-time, 6-8 years part-time.
Entry Requirements: Upper second class honours degree, or its equivalent, in an Engineering or associated discipline. Relevant industrial or related experience will also be considered.
IELTS: 6.5 or equivalent.
Assessment: Original research and thesis.
Funding: All applicants should consult www.lancs.ac.uk/pgfunding/
- Aerospace Safety Engineering : PgCert
- Engineering (by research) : MSc
- Engineering : PhD
- Mechanical Engineering : MSc
- Mechanical Engineering : PGDip
- Nuclear Engineering : EngD
- Nuclear Science and Engineering : PGCert
- Safety Engineering (Industry-Based) : MSc
- Safety Engineering (Industry-Based) : PGDip
- Safety Engineering : PgCert
- Smart Systems Engineering : MSc